Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It is time for AiFactory Challenge 27--Clear and Simple

Hey everyone-

First I would like to apologize for no updates recently but I having been battling craziness in my life and a cold. This cold unfortunately for me is a sinus infection which is kicking my butt!!! I have a doctors appt. tomorrow to see what to do.

It is time for a AiFactory challenge again! Time flies! We are giving you a challenge of using something clear! Like a button, lacquer or acetate. Get those wheels moving, you can do this. I was in a panic for clear things but then thought about pebbles then I remembered I had bought clear card stock!!! I have NEVER used clear acetate for a card so I gave it a go. I have to say it was hard to work with as a card base since what I have was very thick it was hard to fold. I know a lot of people worry about what the inside looks like on their cards and don't want things to show but I feel that is what homemade is! I can't sew a stitch so I was going to glue it on whether or not you could see it when you opened the card! I decided I was going to emboss the acetate with Swiss dots! I then decided to use my top note die to cut out the flower. I must say I thought I was supposed to do Easter Lillie's and I read later that I wasn't but it was to late! So let me show you my card with the wrong thing! LOL

Supplies:

Image: AiFactory, Die: SU, Ribbon: SU, Pins: Making Memories, Rhinestones & Pearls: E, Clear embelly: Making Memories, Chalk: SU, Paper: SU and ?

I did the Lily with Prismacolor Pencils blending them with Gamsol. I wanted to add color to the cut out to take away the background so that white/pink flowers would stand out. I used a dauber and my SU chalks to add the blue all around. I really liked how the embossed dots added to the card. I felt that I wanted them to show up better so I added a blue background sheet to the backside of the card for some added oomph! I guess that is what you call it! LOL

As always please check out all the beautiful work my fellow team members have done but visiting them! You can find their links in the sidebar!

Hugs to all!


7 Winks for Fink:

Kerry said...

Great idea on embossing the acetate! Got to give it a try. Take card!

Kerry said...

Oops... I mean Take care. :) Sending you hugs.

Unknown said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Your clear card is awesome, I love the embossing on it.

Erin Smetak said...

Great card!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Fliss said...

Really lovely card. The dot embossing on the acetate looks great and I love the blue colours.
Hope your sinus troubles clear up soon.
x

Laurie Wilson said...

This is so lovely! The clean and crisp white panel with the hint of flower coloring is such a nice touch! The blue ribbon accents that card so perfectly too!

Cheri said...

Very pretty! I've seen embossed acetate before, but haven't tried it myself yet. Lovely!