Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

The 1st means Just my sketches challenge sketch

Howdy-


So I am sitting here watching closing ceremonies of the Olympics thinking how I am kinda a bummed it is over. I had fun watching our athletes accomplish so many things! To win any kind of medal is just beyond belief! I always wished I had the talent in gymnastics to be an Olympian. I guess I should have started younger than I was! Hee hee I do know that Michelle and I decided we were starting our own curling team! Watch out world we are coming to Souchi! Well however it is spelled!

Okay now to the reason you came! But first I have to tell you that I have lost even more of my followers! I was totally bummed before but I have lost 4 now! I wish I knew what made them go away! I am really starting to get a complexion! :(

Well let me show you the sketch:










My card for the sketch:


Supplies:

Stamps: Studio G & SU, Ink: Memento, Flowers: ?, Pearls: E, Ribbon: Joann's, Pins: Joann's Essentials, Stickles and Diamond Glaze

This card is actually a long one. I measure it 4 1/4 x 11 then used my Scor Pal to score at 5 1/2. I also used my Scor Pal to make the 3 lines you see at the bottom of the sketch! I thought this would look cute though it is hard to see on my pic. I added the ribbon and pins for extra oomph.
As you know we are supposed to use the songs to helps inspire us. I will give you the list of songs now:
One Heartbeat by Smokey Robinson
Amazed - Lonestar
The Motown Song - Rod Stewart
Chances - Fighting by Five
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns -n- Roses

I used the song One Heartbeat for my inspiration. I just love how it talked about love and how special it was and it gave me the idea to make a Wedding card. I have to say I struggled with this card!

I am still trying to catch up with life since getting back from Utah! It has been crazy especially with Taylor having her winter dance! Here is a picture of them! Aren't they cute! Actually she makes me sick! I used to have a perfect figure too before having my girls! LOL Oh well I also am not 14 anymore! Thank goodness! It amazes me still that they have been together for 2 years and almost 4 months! Who would have thought at their age!!!!
This is Taylor and Jack! So stinking cute! He is a 6' 1 and she is 4'11! LOL They are adorable! I am a very proud mom!


5 Winks for Fink:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card...love the repeating design of pearls and the addition of the score lines...the little details make all the difference sometimes!
Love your blog - keep up the great work!

Xiomara said...

The card came out very beautiful and the pearls are so delicate and beautiful. Hugs

Michelle said...

Hey Fink, I don't think we can afford to start our own curling team. Those stones are like $1500 a piece.

Melisa Waldorf said...

You did a wonderful job with this layout! Love it!

Janice said...

A girl after my own heart! Love the pearls, great work!