Followers

Monday, February 1, 2010

My First card for Just my Sketches & Stamp by Step DT announcement

Hey-

I am lucky enough that I was chosen by Deanne (we design together now at 3 places) to be on her JMS card sketch team. She also has chosen a Layout sketch team. So basically on the 1st and 15th there will be a layout sketch and card one. So you will have 4 chances to win! Submit at the end of the month for your chances to win!

Here is her blurb on the site:

I'm changing up this blog a bit! I'll be posting sketches but there will be a twist! You have to BLEND the sketch with a song! I love listening to Sirius radio and The Blend station plays a wonderful "blend" of great songs! So I'll be posting a layout and card sketch every 2 weeks, and along with it 5 songs to choose from to inspire you. You can let the title inspire you or choose a stanza from the song, or even let the theme of the song inspire you!

For our first challenge we were given the songs

~I WILL REMEMBER YOU Sara McLachlan~
~BLESSED Elton John
~TIME OF MY LIFE David Cook
~PUT YOUR RECORDS ON Corinne Bailey Rae
~ONE STEP AT A TIME Jordin Sparks

The sketch:




Now my card for it:


It was quick since we just found out we made it! She told us we could if we wanted but did not have to! I came up with this using the I will remember you. This is for a friend I am staying with in Utah when I go to visit. It will be our second time seeing each other. I love my online friends!
I also found out I am going to be Guest Designer in March for The Stamping Boutique, February for Softpencil and I am a new DT member of Stamps by step which I was guest designer in November! I am so excited to help Cheryl and she will be coming out with her own rubber stamps soon! I can't wait to start!!!!! She will also have digi's available and this months is very cute!

Well I am gonna sign out now since my battery is dying and I am at the in laws! Thanks to those that wished me a Happy Birthday! It was a good one. My parents had us over for spaghetti and cake. They bought me Paint shop prox2, my family is giving me the trip to Utah and the in laws gave me money for the trip! :)

Thanks again all!

4 Winks for Fink:

HappyCrafter said...

Happy birthday, and what happy perky card you came up with too!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Too cute!! That sentiment cracked me up girl!

scrappermimi said...

Congrats on your new DT gig,,,WTG! Such a fab card!

Michelle said...

I can't wait for you to get here. I am so excited.