Followers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tellen's Place card challenge Tic Tac Toe

Hey all-

I don't know what happened but my post did not post and it is gone! I am not feeling well so who knows what I did wrong. Sorry to Terry and girls for the trouble!

This week's challenge was a Tic Tac Toe board. We were given a board with items and we needed to use the 3 things for a win. Mine was ribbon, punch and button.


Here is the board:

This is Edward! I am not very good with boy stuff since it seems there is no frill! I used a sketch from my Cardmaker's sketch book.


I try as much as possible to make A2 size cards only! This sketch was for a bigger size so I had to figure out a way to modify it. Taylor has this thing for kraft paper so I ordered her some. I decided to give it a try. It takes time getting used to with so much open area but it looks pretty good!

Supplies: Digi: Tellen's Place, Paper: DCWV, Bazzill and Stampin Up!, Button: No clue, Ribbon: Stampin Up!, Embelly: Joann's Essentials

My mom had some pretty good news today!!!! It looks like they will be able to move out of their apartment this month. For those of you who don't know because we are new friends, on Mother's day 2009, we were on the way to my parents for the day when my mom called and their house was on fire! It took 6 cities to put it out. The fire department said it was completely torched in about 3 Min's. Needless to say they lost everything they had but the clothes on their backs!!!! They lived with us for a few months then into the apartment. But the house inspection is November 10th! I can't believe it still happened and it has been really tough on my parents losing everything they ever owned plus their kitty! It just sucked. The house is much different plus bigger than the old one! I will have to show before and after pictures. I do have a few posted after the fire. It sure has made life very different for all of us! But hopefully the inspection goes soon and they can get their furniture delivered. Everything they have right now is rental stuff. She needs everything!!!! Amazing.

Please stop by the other gals blogs and leave them some love. I will be back Friday with a new release blog hop for The Character Cafe and my guest DT spot for Softpencils Designs!

3 Winks for Fink:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just adorable! I love how you used the angles on the background papers - it really makes it POP!

Michelle B said...

Very cute card Fink! Great job this week on the TIC TAC TOE Challenge!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Do What You Love said...

Fink, your card is gorgeous! Like you I am not keen on masculine cards but you did a fantastic job! Good that your parents get to move into their own home again. I read about the fire and am glad they weren't inside. It must be awful to lose everything and start over but glad they have you as I'm sure you helped out quite a bit! ;D