Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ics sketch 24 & 4th of July

Hey there all-
I want to start off saying that I do appreciate my followers!!!! Since I said that I would also like to thank all of you that stop by and leave such nice comments! It means a lot to me! Also thanks for the comments on my style! I like to keep things fun and make someone laugh instead of always having a Hallmark type card! Hee hee Probably keeps me from be picked for design teams or maybe from being published! I sure hope Dawn at ICS does not mind since I design for her!
I hope your July 4th was safe! We had a good time here. On Friday, we went to the firework store to get our supply. We only get a few airborne fireworks but lots of fun showers and spark stuff. We stay kinda of legal, LOL!!!! We do have great time with our stuff! I love roman candles and as I call it booms! Loud booms are my favorite or to say very noisy firecrackers! I will show you a picture of one of our cones that emit sparks and crackles! We always enjoy these!













Well on to our sketch at ICS. I have to say this was a very challenging sketch for me! I was ready to start throwing my supplies! ; ) I am hoping that everyone likes this card!

Here is the sketch:




Here is my take on the sketch:
Supplies:
Paper: SU and DCWV
Ink: SU & Dew Drops
Stamp: Sweet & Sassy
Embellies: Joann's
Ric Rack: ?
As usual, I colored the mouse with Prisma pencils blended with Gamsol. I sure do needc to try my 2 brand new box of Copics! Taylor has done wonderful coloring with them but I stick to my pencils since I really just got use to using the Gamsol for blending! I will try them soon I hope!
This week started the demolition of my parents house. My dad said that basically they knocked it down into the family room. I am not sure where they will go from there but when I find out I will give you all an update. It makes me sad to start this week because my parents are moving out! I have enjoyed having them here with us!! They are moving into a condo that is close to us. I guess it is time things move on but it is hard to let go!!!!! The girls are excited because they are moving where there is an indoor pool! I know where they will want to be!
As usual, thanks for visiting me!!!!! Also, I want to show my appreciation for my followers! If you follow my blog, please comment here! I will randomly pick a winner of some blog candy! I don't know what it will be yet but I am sure you will enjoy it! So make sure you comment! If you are not a follower of me, leave a comment anyway for a chance to get a little something too!
Please come back again soon!!!!!!!

11 Winks for Fink:

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous`Fink..TFS
Have a lovely Wednesday :) x

Olena said...

Gorgeous card! Love it! ~Olena~

Leah said...

Super cute card Fink, love how you interpreted the sketch. Glad to hear you had such a nice 4th:) Ours was nice, busy...How many Copics did you get? I've been thinking of trying them but they are just so expensive! Can't wait to hear if you like them:)

Anonymous said...

Great card Fink, love the image and papers you've chosen, they look lovely.
Glad you had a good 4th July........and I love your style!
Barbara

Liz Weber said...

Fink that is the cutest most adorable little card - love the theme and great work using ICS #24

Maggi said...

I'm a follower! lol

Your card is so cute, I love that mouse! Glad you had a nice 4th and that indoor pool sounds fun! lol

rose said...

oh just is just so cute Fink love it!

Tricia said...

well you certainly pulled it all together and it totally made me Squeal! I love it!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Fink ~ your card is so so cute! I love your image and papers. .. and I will agree .. that sketch, while gorgeous in every way, had me thinking hard! I almost wrote you gals and begged for help!! :)_ lol!!

Denise Clark said...

Fink, is the condo where your folks are settling or is there a house still being built? Happy they will have their own haven but know you will miss them.

I love your take on the challenge. Great card! Love the colors and the happy feel!

scrappermimi said...

Hey girl, another cute card as usual! I am sure that indoor pool will be fun! Enjoy!