Followers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Time for the Inspirational Card Sketch reveal & Kids DT

Hey there all-

I am sitting here with my neck killing me. I am assuming it is because I slept wrong and the fan was blowing on it. Oh well enough on that. Today is wet and rainy day. We are supposed to have a baseball game (Jack that is) tonight but with the storms that went through I am sure it will be cancelled, again! The water just sits on the home base and pitchers area.

Let's get to this weeks sponsor is Squiggle Stamps:

3 Squiggle stamp Monsters
6 sheets of 6x6 Crate Paper
Green Eyelets
Select buttons
Assortments of ribbon/trimmings


Now let's show you the sketch:


Isn't this a fun sketch from the very talented Dawn Baty!!!!! I love the fact that she challenges my brain each and every week! Maybe that isn't all that hard. LOL




Okay now to post you all my card for the challenge:
Supplies:

Paper: Stampin Up & DCWV Spring pack
Ink: Mementos Tuxedo Black & Dew Drops
Markers: Sharpies
Stamps: Sweet and Sassy
Embellishment: Paper Wishes
Ribbon: Big Lots


It seems my style in cards is different from many others. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I like to do fun style cards! I have really been into stamps that are fun and kinda of goofy! I am sorry if this is boring you!!!! I just love make something that will make people laugh and happy!!!!! I also love this ball ribbon and have tried for weeks to use it! Finally I could!


Many of you wonderful ladies have asked about an update on my parents. I appreciate all your concern. Brief explaination for those that have just found my blog or a new visitor. First let me say I appreciate you all!!!!! I hope that you will stay a follower or become a frequent visitor.

My parents had the misfortune of their house burning down on Mother's Day!!!! They lost everything except the clothes on their backs! They have been living with us since then so we are a little crowded but it has been good! Well the house is going to be demolished on Thursday so that the new one can be built. It is going to be a long time before the house is ready but we will keep plugging along! Luckily, we have not been in the hospital either! Just after the house my mom was in for 6 days and then in the emergency room once! It has been a trying 2 months. The only good that will come out of all this is that the new house will be good for my Mom's breathing issues and will be state of the art!!!!!! Everything they owned will be replaced except of course the memories! They wil have more money now then they ever had but what a price to pay!! I will update you all soon with more information soon! I thank you for your concern and prayers for them!

Thanks again for checking me out! My oldest is still wanting to start a kids design team! Do you have a child that loves to make cards? Have them check out Taylor's blog!!!! It is in my left sidebar! Actually my friends, will you visit her blog since she put her Father's day card on there and leave her some love? Please!!!! Hee hee I do have a way of begging! LOL


Hugs all- please come back again soon!

19 Winks for Fink:

Vicky said...

I love your fun cards Fink, and this one made me smile. Glad things are getting sorted for your parents. :)xx

Vicki said...

Love your cute card and your new blog design!!

Maggi said...

I love your card style! We need more fun cards! lol I'm glad your parents are getting a new house built!

Going to check out Taylor's blog now!

jacque4u2c said...

Your cards rock!

Denise Clark said...

Fink, I love that you have your own personal style! If all the cards were exactly the same, they'd get pretty boring. I love your happy, fun style! And this one is adorable. Love the inch worm and really love that ribbon! Wonderful!

Glad to hear your parents situation is moving along. I pray for them often.

Liz Weber said...

Oh Fink that has to be the mostest cutest card I have ever seen! Love that cute little critter and love your colours to make him look so good.

Hope the neck feels better soon!

wendyp said...

Glad to hear things are looking better for your parents.

Adorable card!!! I love your style!

mueppi said...

Your card is great and I love this cute image and your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

wendipooh13 said...

love how fun your card is.... and hope your neck feels better!!!

Andrea Amu said...

What a cute card, love the pop-pom trim to compliment the wormie!

So glad that your parents' will soon start the rebuilding process! I know it's hard to let go of the memories, but how nice to have everything brand spankin' new!

And I think it's a neat idea to want to start up a kids dt... very cool! :)

Enfys said...

Love your card Fink, it's such fun.
hugs
En x

Pearl said...

It's great to have a fun style for cards , Fink !

Hope things will keep looking up from here on for your family !

Happy 4th of july !

Janis Lewis said...

The card is great - especially with the ball ribbon - so creative. I hope you are feeling better since you posted this. This is the first time I've visited your blog, so hearing about your mom's house was so sad, but I'm glad I was able to know about it. I will be praying for all of you guys. Have a great 4th! Janis

Lou Sims said...

Your card is fab and I agree with you . . it's great to see different images being used.

Off to check out Taylors blog now . . I need no excuse to blog hop and have a good nose at what peeps are up to ! ! !

Lou
x

Anonymous said...

Please pass my thoughts of good will onto your parents. You all must have had the most traumatic time lately. But every cloud has a silver lining (or so they say) and it seems this one is a brand new home.
I love your style, it makes me smile :)
Barbara

Jackie said...

I love your fun cards, different is good :)

Nancy Sanders said...

Thanks for your kind comments re ISC card. I enjoyed reading an update about your parents and to know that things are looking up. I would enjoy talking with you and Taylor concerning a kids challenge card blog. I love the idea.

Nancy Sanders said...

One more comment, stay true to your own style. Sometimes I feel the same way, my style is different from most. I have to keep reminding myself that I enjoy the card challenges to discover different ways to "enhance" my own style...not to mimic others. I always enjoy your cute style.

Agus said...

Super cute card!! love the colors you have choosen, super fun!
You´re welcome I´m blog and thanks for the nice comment!
Hugs,
Agus