Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My ICS card

Tuesday was the new sketch reveal at Inspirational card sketches and I hope you play along with us! As usual Dawn had a great sketch! I was not sure how I was going to do this sketch since it has the window and embellies on it! Boy was I confused!!!!! To put it lightly!! So with that let me show you the sketch!
Here is what I came up with! I will tell you it was very difficult looking sketch when I saw it!




Supplies:

Paper: StampinUp!

Rhinestones: Joann's & Crystal stickers

Star brads: Paper wishes

Stamps: Stampendous

Ribbon: Best Value

Punch: StampinUp!

Embossing powder: Ranger

Pencils: Prismacolor

I decided that for obvious reasons that the card had to red, white and blue but still follow the sketch! So that meant that the ribbon needed to be blue! As you can all tell, if you have seen my stuff I am into big ribbon. I feel it helps make my cards!

I usually look at the sketch, in the past saying I can't do this! Now I look at it and say what stamp do I want to use!!!!! I general now pick the stamp and make the sketch work around it. I can't believe I said that! But, I have this bad habit of buying stamps!!!!! I want to tell you all to check out Clear Dollar Stamps! I have had such great service and just love love love their stamps! That is where most of my animal stamps has come from! I also have to say the customer service is outstanding. They have a deal when you order $50 you get a free stamp set! Well I just assumed that if I did not add it to my order it would come automatic. Well I got my stamps and it was not there so I sent an email to them and explained to them what happened and they sent me my stamps!!!! I was excited. I figured they did not need to give them to me since I forgot them but they said they also forgot them too! And that I was a deserving customer! Isn't cool!? I think so.

But when I do sketches now I first pick out the stamp I want to use then go from there. This also helps in picking the perfect paper! For example if it is flowers then it is feminine paper, animals would be fun paper etc. It just confuses me to do it other ways! Lol
Well I will quit babbling. I promise my next post I will update you all on my parents! Thanks for all of you who have been asking! I appreciate it! Will update it soon!




12 Winks for Fink:

Maggi said...

That card is awesome! I love it!

Leah said...

Such a cute card and so appropriate with the 4th of July coming up:) Great job and I love the ribbon!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is terrific, I love the window choice you made for your sketch this week as well as your stamp and embellishments! BR-T

wendyp said...

Awesome job with the sketch, Fink!!! Adorable!

Vicky said...

Cute card. Love the scalloped window, great take on the sketch. :)xx

Cheryl said...

That really turned out great!

Pearl said...

great with the scalloped window , Fink ! now why didnt I think of that ?! lol

Lynne in NI said...

Super cute - you did a great job with the sketch. I love your little Liberty stamp and the stars are a lovely touch.
:D

Denise Clark said...

Great take on that sketch, Fink! I love that window!

Sometimes I pick out my paper first and sometimes the stamp. I don't know if I have more paper or more stamps but it seems that I can always find a stamp to go with the paper but sometimes find it difficult to find paper that I like with a certain stamp! Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Great card, have a fab 4th July.
My order is
1. Stamp to fit the challenge space
2. Papers to suit the stamp
3. Colouring to match the papers

Barbara
x

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments, Fink! Really made me smile! :)

mueppi said...

Wonderful card!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela