Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It is a gorgeous Tuesday

Finally for track! I have spent the last ones in the cold and rain! It does look like it is going to try and rain but hopefully it will hold off! We have our last 2 track meets this week with conference being on Saturday. I am pretty sure that Jack will make it in shot and discus since he is throwing even better than last year! I also am happy that it is a little warmer than usual too! Makes for a happy track mom! : )

Okay today is the new weekly release of the Inspirational Card Sketch Design Team cards! I will show you the sketch right now:

I thought hard about this one!!!! I was going to do a long card for it but then changed my mind because I decided to try and use a new toy I had just gotten! I will tell you all right now that I was a dummy when it came down to figuring it out! I must of ruined a years worth of paper! LOL I was determined to figure it out. Although I did a card with it I am not sure that it isn't smarter than me! Okay I will show you my card then tell you more about it after!


My card:




Supplies:

Paper: Stampin Up! & DCWV

Stamp: Stampin Up! Cute & Curly

Die Cut: Big Shot Movers and shapers Curly Label

Embossing Powder: Walmart

Flower: Walmart & ??

Rhinestone Flourish: Best Occasions

Ribbon: Offray

This is a standard size card with a side fold. I varied the sketch some by doing a different shape and flipping it to the right side. I use the Big Shot to cut the center (instead of a solid oval) and the Curly Label Movers and Shapers! This is very cool! Unfortunately I am not to quick when it comes to using these things! LOL So after much trash and b&*$hing, I finally got it how I wanted it! I actally also have the Curly Label punch for the stamp but decided to use just the stamp and embossing it so it shows through the window! I really love how this turned out! I think cards are so pretty when they have the big ribbon!!!! I am going to go to You Tube and search how to use the movers and shakers dies easier than I did! LMAO! I know it has to be easier than what I did! I also have the new scallop bigz die I want to try so hopefully I will have something to show you soon!!

I also appreciate those of you that replied to my bad news! I was in NO WAY bad mouthing the site!!! I wanted to tell you all what happened and felt this was fine to do. I do not consider it unproffesional that I posted it! To the one person who left the comment with no name that I was unprofessional, I have to say at least I had the guts to give my name (I think I know who it is)! Again, I am not bad mouthing that site!!! I was hurt like anyone else would be and it would be hard to go and play along like asked but I am NOT telling you all not to check it out! Check them out and make your decision!

Also, thanks to those of you who follow me! I appreciate it and will be following you all as well! There are many talented people out there and I just love to see all your work! Now that things are back to normal you will be seeing me visit more often!!!! Hugs to you all! You are stuck with me! : )




13 Winks for Fink:

Heather said...

Love the card. I don't have patience for stuff like that! Too complicated for me. I am sorry someone posted a not so nice comment in response to your bad news.

Thanks for the comment on my layouts. My goal is 365 this year. I am about to be behind again. I feel like a slacker. Pinched a nerve in my back again yesterday so doubt I will get anything done today!

Cheryl said...

That card turned out gorgeous! Do you have the Big Shot? I'd love one!

Denise Clark said...

Love ths card and all the pretty touches and details! Great job! I've heard about that movers and shakers but don't have any yet. I am one of those who hang back and see what others think first.

Sorry to hear about your DT situation. I think there's so many designers out there now that companies feel more inclined to let people go. It's so easy to find another. There are literally hundreds of applications for one position. I had basically the same situation only no notice whatsoever, just no more assignments. I finally was the one to say this isn't working.But it was good terms.

Alecia Wolfford said...

Gorgeous card girlie!!!

Michelle H. said...

Fink this card is just awesome and so beautiful!!! You rocked this card!! Don't worry to much about what people say ! Some people we can never please and some just can't appreciate our different style because we don't do their styles!! Your very talented!!
Hope you have a great week!!

Hanneke said...

Hey there, you should try sushi it's really delicious!!! Love your card and I am so sorry to read your bad news, don't know that chalenge blog or forum but I can imagine that you are upset about it!! And you can always join the competition over at Scrappytimes they are looking for new Dt members!!!

Elizabeth said...

cute card!! I love the cut out in the middle.

I'm up for a trip after school lets out. Right now Gigi has so many things and projects going on. Sometime in June??

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Fink your card here is breathtaking beautiful! Love it and all it's details. Lovely job!
♥Dawn♥

Sheila said...

The card turned out beautiful!

Marcea said...

Oh wow hun, this is just fabulous ...... amazing take on the sketch!
-x-

Jess said...

Beautiful card! So elegant and I love the touch of big ribbon.

Elizabeth said...

I like your card! I always get stuck making cards myself...

Diana Mancuso said...

This card is just beautiful!