Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A bad surprise for me!

Well I am posting again today, since this morning, with what a major disappointment for me. I have been removed as a design team member at Unscripted sketches! Here is the email I received (It has not been changed in anyway by me):

After reviewing the work of all the Unscripted Sketches artist's for the last few weeks, Sharon and I have determined that some of the work that you have submitted thus far falls short of the goals of the Unscripted Sketches. Upon receipt of this email, we will end your Designer privileges so that other artist's may be allowed to audition their creations for a spot on the team. As you are aware, we are looking for a wide variety of interpretations on each week's sketch. These interpretations may be in how the actual sketch is viewed when rotated, flipped, etc. It may also mean in how the sketch is executed via the medium or in what the project itself actually is (card, scrapbook layout, home dec, etc.). Or some variation not yet realized.We hope that you will continue to participate in Unscripted Sketches challenges. You have demonstrated the ability to communicate well with other team members, meeting deadlines and that you have a good understanding of how to utilize sketches. Unfortunately, we are looking for something more unique and "out of the box" to showcase our site and brand.Thank you for being part of our premiere design team. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

This came as quite a shock to me! I did not even get as much as a warning about it. I think there is more to it but I won't get into it! I just feel that I should have been able to submit more than 3 times (last week I could not do after being on vacation)! I was also removed from the private forum and wish I knew what was being said about me. Oh well I guess I will never know! I am sure that many of my followers will drop off my list soon! I hope that most of you stay! I wish them well with there new sketch site but pretty sure I will not be participating in the future. I guess that they should have known my thing was cards since basically all my slide show is that! Well for those of you looking for a DT spot you now know where an opening is!

Well I hope that your day is going better than mine! It was not like there was a compensation for me, it was just for fun! My fun has ended there but I am pretty sure there is something better in the future for me!

Thanks for letting me vent! Oh well C'est la vie!!!!

19 Winks for Fink:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

oh huney, i'm so sorry to hear this---you do such good work--all i can say is "it's their loss"--There are other things in store for you and your talents---keep your head up and keep reaching---remain blessed!!!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. As EssenseVibez said - it's their loss and keep your head up. You are amazing and there will be other great things coming your way soon. ~HUGS~

jacque4u2c said...

Well poo-poo on them! Their loss! So - I need tell you I am here to stay - I love your blog and your creations! Keep all all your creations - YOU ROCK!!!!

Leah said...

Oh Fink, how upsetting:( I'm so sorry...what an pleasant way to inform you too. Keep up your creating, I think you are wonderful:)

Pearl said...

So sorry to hear about this , Fink ! that is not the best way indeed to be told that kind of news ! hmmm

I must say myself my early DT days aren't exactly memorable for that matter - but no matter - believe in yourself & move on & may it spur you to create even better art in the future !

Unknown said...

Fink....I am so sorry to hear about this disappointing news for you....but you know how I feel about your work and designs....you are AWESOME!!! So don't let this get you down....just know that something better is on the horizon and you are being freed up so that you can take advantage of it! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Jess said...

Don't let them get you down! With creativity everyone has different tastes and if your work is not for them then it will be for someone else.

Maggi said...

I am so sorry Fink! What a crappy thing to have happened. You are awesome and it's definitely their loss!

Jenny said...

Dear Sheri,

I am very disheartened that you felt compelled to publically attempt to create chaos and discontent for Unscripted Sketches.

As noted to you in my follow up email I explained that your work is very good, but unfortunately not in the direction that we were hoping for our team as a whole.

I wish you all the luck Fink in your future endeavors, but as a previous owner of an online community with over 10,000 members, I would like to tell you that Designers are not only chosen for their work, but also for their professionalism, and your choices of publicity such as this is not held in high regard.

Best of Wishes,
Jenny

Jenny said...

Also, Fink, there is NOTHING being said about you in the private forum, and again I am disheartened that you would publically question a concern such as this. As there was NEVER anything inappropriate said on the private Design Team forum, I could only assume that you would know that there would be no change there.

Again, to reiterate, I am very saddened by your choices and accusations. But feel strongly that the right decision was made on more than one level.

Best of wishes to you Sheri.

Jenny

Heather said...

Sorry about your DT thing. I think it sounds a bit fishy too! I bet you dont lose too many followers. Most of us are here to see what you do PERIOD. Now what you do just with their sketches! You are very talented and any DT should be glad to have you!

Anonymous said...

I think this was in really poor judgment for you to post this. it just goes to show your professionalism.

Anonymous said...

just think about this, art is in the eye of the beholder, and those who decided to kick you off, are blind. i'm sorry that these people need glasses. love you! (:

Alecia Wolfford said...

So sorry for your news Fink, I will still follow ya girl!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Get back on the saddle and make something and post it! BR-T

Anonymous said...

Aw Fink ..
sorry about your news..
I`m still following `sweetie`:)♥

Tricia said...

fink I am sorry this happened.

wendyp said...

Sorry, I've been so busy with school stuff I haven't had too much time to blog hop. I had to skip back a few posts to figure out what happened. Ouch, so sorry about the DT gig. Its there loss, Fink! Chin up and keep creating!

Elizabeth said...

Wow. I am really sorry that you were let go Sheri. It's too bad that and I am very sorry about this.

Although I do not know what exactly happened, and even though both you {on your blog} and the blog owner responded to this situation, I personally feel that even though you posted this on your blog {I would have emailed her directly though instead} that the owner should of stood at a higher standard and been more professional by contacting you through a personal email, not writing her responses on here. Although clearly, professional in her words she should of shown more so by writing your personally and not on your blog. This way there would have been no stirring to the pot any further.

Again, I am sorry this happened. Where one door closes another shall open Sheri!