Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gorgeous day, Stampin Up Consultant & DT name revealed

Hi there all-

I waited to make a post since I knew that I would have information to tell you! I am excited to be able to share with you the name of the other sketch DT I made! We are called Unscripted Sketches!!!! I don't know that you realize how much I LOVE sketches! They are great for beginner or advance card makers!!!! I love the fact that I can use the sketch however I want. I do find that with the DT's I am trying to stick to the sketch how it was designed to show that they don't have to be changed!!! If you are a card maker and struggle with idea's then sketches could really boost your self esteem! Give them a try!!!!! I am so excited to have made this team!
I am also excited to tell you all that I am a Stampin Up consultant! I have been buying from them for many years and since they had such a great deal I could not pass it up! The kit was on sale 15% off, plus a free stamp set (up to 47.95) and 3 payments! Now that is a deal! I am really only doing it for the discount but hoping to get some shows and maybe people who will be in a monthly club! I really want to learn new techniques and such that I can use to enhance my skills!
What a gorgeous day we are having in Ohio!!!! I even have the window open to let the fresh air in! LOL I don't get my hopes up that it stays that way because this is Cleveland! I am looking forward making our spring break plans! Nothing as extravagant as Williamsburg this year but fun!
Okay now to the reason you all visit me for real! I know you don't come to visit me to hear me babble but to see a card or something. This weeks sketch was another good one from our talented Dawn!

Here is the sketch:













My take:
Supplies:
Paper: Stampin Up, Karen Foster Recycled & DCWV
Ink: Stampin Up & Sugarloaf Brush Makers
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Scallop w/hole: Fiskars
Ribbon: Offray
Embellie: Joann Essentials
This card is a 6x6 size. The background paper is cut 5.5 x 5.5, the purple is 2.5 & pink is 2 inches. The circle was cut using my Creative Memories cutting system using DCWV glitter paper. I wanted to do something a little different with the sketch so instead of using paper I used pink ribbon wrapped around with the bow tied as the paper piece. I also added paper piercing around the cupcake. For the cupcake, I stamped it in pink ink then colored it with my new Tombow markers! I blended it with a SU blending pen then made the confetti using markers! And voila you have the completed card! I sure hope you like it!
I want to thank all of you who have chosen to follow my blog! I really appreciate it and do try to come visit you too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
I am also going to try to have more cards and such for you all to like at! I just need to find more time. Wait that is not it.....I NEED TO MAKE MORE TIME! I need to get away from the computer and some TV and get back to my creative mode!
Hugs to you all!
P.S. Please not that the link to Unscripted Sketches is not working yet and we are still under construction so make sure to check back to find out when we reveal!

11 Winks for Fink:

jacque4u2c said...

WOW! This is totally awesome! Congrats on so many levels! Love the card! Both of my sisters live in Cleveland....small world!

Maggi said...

CONGRATULATIONS Fink! Woo hoo! So many exciting new things are happening for you! Love the card, especially the glitter! :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Congrats Fink!!! That's wonderful news for you! And I'll have to check out that sketch DT. I may play along sometime.
Your card is so "sweet"!

Caryl P said...

Fink, this card is AWESOME! I love the cupcake sooooo much. Great work and I can't wait to get started designing with you!

Denise Clark said...

Fink, congrats on Unscripted Sketches! Sounds terrific. I will check it out as soon as the link is working!

Love that sketch you worked on! Great card! Very creative!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I will wink at ya, this card is so fun and playful! BR-T

wendyp said...

I can't wait to check out the sketch site. I love sketch challenges. I'm not always so good at following the sketch, but i do love the challenge, LOL!

Adorable card! Love that cupcake!

Tricia said...

congrats and BTW...head to my blog, you have been tagged....

Kim Costello said...

Congratulations on your news Fink, Love the pretty cupcake and your stunning colours! So fun!
Gorgeous paper and lovely details!Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday ♥ HuGs Kim x

Marcea said...

congratulations hun on your news
scrummy card mmmmmm gorgeous!
-x-

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Fink..
simply `gorgeous` Hope your enjoying your Day:)♥