Followers

Monday, March 9, 2009

SNR blog of fun starts today!

I am excited but also nervous about this! I think I am the first blog to post for this 2 week event at Scrapbook News and Review so I did a card and project to show you all! I sure hope you enjoy it!

First the picture of band aid box:

This was done for Taylor's birthday gift card. I know she likes something to open so I thought this would be fun! I have never made one of these!

Supplies:
Band aid box: Rak
Paper: Sunburn
Adhesive: Glue dots
Ribbon: Stampin Up! & Offray


To start off with I measured the size of the paper I wanted to use. I wanted to leave a little white show at top and bottom. I then just cut the paper 3 by 12 trimming off the extra I did not need once I wrapped it around the box. The next step was to put a thick ribbon around so I measure it and the small ribbon by wrapping it around then cutting it to either fit tightly or to make a bow. With the handle I used a 6 in strip of ribbon in colors to match the flowers! I just tied them in a knot! It was that simple and did not take long at all. Next I made her card which is a sketch from Card Patterns.




Supplies:

Ribbon: Offray
Stamp: Clear Dollar Stamps
Color: Prismacolor
Stickles
Ink: Stazon
Cutter: Cricut & Creative Memories
Embellie: JoAnn Essentials

This card is a 8 1/2 x 8 and scored at 4. The stunk was stamped and colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with baby oil. I used orange stickles to enhance the flower! This is done just like the sketch. I sure hope you like it. It was a fun card to do and she really liked it!

Tomorrow look for a new update with my design team card plus pictures of the new Canon Rebel XsI that I just bought over the weekend! I am so excited about it! I am reading the manual to learn how to use it, LOL! I also love the fact that I can use my 35 mm lens on it! Yippee!

Thanks for stopping! Please visit SNR for all the fun!







14 Winks for Fink:

wendyp said...

This is just adorable!!! what a cute idea!

enjoy that new toy!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Too cute! So much fun the colors are so bright and vibrant!

Leah said...

Fun project! I bet she'll love it:)

Diana Mancuso said...

This is really cute! I give it two winks! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the new camera!! They are so much fun!! Love the project.

Are we still hooking up in the spring?

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Fink..TFS...♥

Vicki said...

Too cute! Love the card and the tin!

Calia Yang said...

love the band-aid tin and the card is totally ubers! hope you're doing well - haven't heard from ya in a while.

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

super card lady!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the stickle sparkle on your flower ... and what a fun way to tie your ribbon ... great critter card.

Nathalia Castellon said...

Cute card and set! Thanks for joining us this week at Caardvarks for the "Critter" Challenge!

jacque4u2c said...

Wow! This is stunning and what an awesome idea. My daughter always enjoyed opening stuff and I am sure this will be no exception - I am sure it will get carried around for many years to come.

Unknown said...

Beautiful creations! I love the bright colors!

lauren bergold said...

oh how *FAB* is this??! what a super-fun project...and of course i just LOVE that little skunk!!!