Followers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not a bunny card---Hee hee

Okay ladies I did NOT do a bunny card but there are more coming so you are being warned now!!! : ) This weeks schedule was a good one from Dawn. I also have seen our next month sketches and boy will I be challenged as well as you! They are great!!!!!

Okay, to my card:


Supplies:
Paper- Inque & SU
Stamps - SU & ? (Not sure where I got the stitching ones)
Button - A rak
Die cut - SU Top Note
Ink - Sugarloaf brush markers, SU & Dew drops

I will explain how I did the card if you are interested. It is a standard A2 size. I did the top note with my Big Shot and then cut it down to where I wanted it. Next I took the stamp and colored it with the brush markers then used green around the edges. I then just followed the sketch to assemble the card. I did not like how it looked so I racked my brain for it seemed like hours!!!!!! I came up with adding the green buttons across the bottom (difference than the sketch) and added the faux stitching! I will show how I varied my card from the sketch this week.
Here is the sketch:



You can see that I did not change it much!! Please take time to join us over at Inspirational card sketches!
I also decided recently that I would join Stampin Up as a demonstrator! I really just want to learn new ideas, techniques and better coloring skills! I keep getting passed over and I do believe it is because my water coloring and prisma coloring needs improvement. I also realized that a lot of people are into cards with a lot stuff on them and I am not that type of card maker. I have a tom boy style which is just like me! I can only do so much to a card and that is it. I also think people are very good at using Photo shops to enhance what they do!!!! I giving you pretty much what I make! I do fix the lighting or crop out what I don't need in the background! I am not very good at using the photo programs! I was a secretary along time ago and boy have things changed! But I like the fact you get just what you see! I will maybe have a few workshops and stuff but mostly joined for the discount! Who knows maybe I will get a following going! If you need a demo, please let me know!!!!! : )
Also, a BIG THANK YOU to those of you who have choose to be a follower of mine & I hope to do a better job with updating my blog!!!!!
Well, I truly have to get moving off this computer because my scrap room is screaming to be cleaned and organized! I will not get on the computer in there!!!!! I will not, I will not, I will not...............

8 Winks for Fink:

Unknown said...

great card and cute sketch :)

Maggi said...

Great card, love the buttons!

Leah said...

I love your card Fink! The colors are great and you did the sketch so well!

Denise Clark said...

What? No bunny? I miss him! ;)

Great card Fink! I love how you used the Top Note die. Very nice. Also love the buttons! Great touch! I love the faux stitching! Terrific!

Pearl said...

I like the stamped flowers , Fink !

I am so stamping challenged alas ! & I have come a long way from my simple punchart cardmaking days too ...

Enjoy your stamping up journey now !

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

cute cute .. i love this stamp set!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

cute cute .. i love this stamp set!

Marcea said...

this is gorgeous Fink- love your details
-x-