Followers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I finally can show you my first DT card!

Hey there all-
Sorry it has been a little bit for a post but things were kinda busy! My birthday weekend was good! I made out like a bandit! On Saturday my kids gave me a stuffed unicorn (I collect them) & chocolate covered pretzel rods to go with the kitten! He now officially has a name which is Spade! That afternoon I went to my in laws for my favorite dinner egg rolls and pan zit. There was also fried rice. After we ate they surprised me with an ice cream cake! I went shopping with Jack and Antonia and bought some scrappy stuff for my DT gig! Good excuse huh! But it was! Later that night I dropped off the girls and James for the evening then Jack & I headed out on our "date"!!!! He was treating me to a movie for my present! We did the same thing last year too! It was a lot of fun! We have so much fun together and he is just a good kid!!!! It was an okay movie!

Sunday was spent going to my parents for a Birthday/Super bowl party! My mom made appetizers and we watched on their big screen! My parents with a big screen, what is this world coming too! LOL Anyway, my mom brought out my gifts wrapped in of course purple paper! I had given them some idea's of scrappy stuff so I was hoping I would get some! She had me open the one which was the CLIP IT upper tier! Well this is where my mom thought she was so slick!!!! I kinda thought something was up but not sure. She asked me how I would stand it up without a bottom? What will you do etc. I said oh no biggie I will think of something until I can get the other half! She then appeared with a bigger box and when I opened it it was the bottom tier! She is so slick!!!!! I also got a bag of chocolate covered pretzels from them! We watched the game of course rooting for the Cardinals. Being from Cleveland you CAN NOT be a Pittsburgh fan! We then took Jack home ending my birthday weekend!

I have a few pictures to show you! One is of the Clip it which I think I should of just used for snacks! I was thinking it would be better to hang like bags of chips and stuff on! LOL I might still add a few munchies to it!!!!! The second one is of my first ever design team card! I am so excited to show you all! I also want to invite you to try the challenge with us!!!!!
Trust me in this picture you can not see it is full! I have way to much stuff!

Paper - Stampin Up!, The Paper Studio & Studio 17 (watercolor paper)
Ink - Stazon
Pencils - Primacolor (blended w/baby oil)
Stamps - Bella & Stampin Up!
Ribbon - Stampin Up!
Scallop Punch - Stampin Up!
Sakura glitter pen
I had so much fun with the card! I wanted to try and use the sketch like it was designed and I did!!!! I used a little glitter pen in the Bella's hair, on the pink flowers & the candle! Just to add a little pizazz! I am also excited because my hubby is helping to build a structure to do my photos in!!!! He is showing in his own way that he is happy for me! So hopefully I will have been pictures in the future!!!!! I would love for all of you to come and join us at Inspirational Card Sketches blog! Some of you may already know the owner Dawn Baty! I will tell you I am so glad that I made her team! We have some great sketches to work with plus she is just so sweet!
I am beat my friends! We had to go to a funeral today for one of Taylor's friend's sister! She was killed instantly in the crash. Unfortunately she was only 25 and leaves behind 2 children 6 & 3! These are the times you question God but I also know that she had many personal issues as well! I understand why he might have taken her but also confused at why he thinks it was better to leave her kids! I will ask those of you who are willing to pray for her children and to also help Jon and his family get through this!
Okay thanks all for looking! I would love for you to give the sketch a try and link me so that I can come see what you did! I am sure I will find much better work in you ladies then my own! Hugs! Fink


7 Winks for Fink:

Pearl said...

Your birthday weekend sounded like a tonne of fun for you, Fink ! Happy Belated ! ;-)


Very sweet birthday card you've created ! love the colors !

Leah said...

Very cute card! Great job:)

Dawn♥ said...

Your card is very lovely! You did a great job with the sketch! :)

Cheryl said...

Great job, I love it!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

YOU GO GIRLLLL!!!!--can't wait to see more of your beautiful work----remain blessed!!!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

love you card lady

Marcea said...

Belated birthday wishes hun. I totally loved this card - such a fun image and yummy colours. So sorry to hear about your friend
-x-