Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Man I have been blog hopping!

Whew, my fingers are exhausted! I have been trying to visit the blogs of ladies from Creative Xpress, Out of this Funk and Never been Kissed Scrappers! I am sure you have seen me on your blogs! You all are doing such wonderful projects! I am learning so much! I appreciate those of you that have stopped by!!!!! I will try to keep my blog updated as much as possible!

Okay I was at Di Hickman's blog and got a terrific card sketch I just had to try! I had a great time with this one! I actually can say I loved what I did!!!! Now trust me that is such a surprise! I will post a picture of it and explain the details in case you are interested! Wow, interested in something I did, now that is a shock!

Okay, the sketch was slightly different but this is my take! What I used:
Large stamp - Rubber Stampede
Tag stamp - SU
Watercolors - SU, Prisma
Paper - SU
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Stickles
Glitter pen (the lines) - Gelly roll
Ribbon - Joann's
Tag - SU
Rhinestone - No idea
Square punch - Creative Memories
Ink - SU
Basically I stamped the image on watercolor paper then colored it in with various types of pencils and crayons! I then used a blender to color them in. I did random bulbs with colored stickles and let them dry over night. Today I made my card base and embossed the green paper with the Cuttlebug folder. I had to make the squares (CM punch) offset as that is the design of the stamp. In punching I lost some the ornaments so I had to line up the bulb lines as best I could! I then took my SU tag punches to make the tag and used the coordinating tag set to make the design. The center ornament had a design inside but I decided to add sparkle by adding the rhinestone! Gave it some lift. I used the slit punch so that I could put my ribbon through. Tied it up around just the green then adhered it to the card base! I am very proud of this card! I most of the time dislike my work a lot but I like this one! I hope you do too!

I am in a Christmas card swap and am thinking this is the card I will do for everyone! I think I will just do it full style instead of cutting into squares since it will be easier for me! That is how I feel now but who knows what I will do tomorrow! LMAO I did color my second one, letting the stickles dry as I type this! So maybe stop back to see what I have done tomorrow! I will also be posting Taylor's cards she made! She is very creative so stop back to see them too!

Thanks for visiting my friends! I will see you on your blog so be looking for Fink to stop by! Hugs all! Good night! Oh yeah, the best part about tonight is that my baby will be home from her week long trip with her grandparents! I am looking forward to seeing her!

17 Winks for Fink:

Anonymous said...

That's an awsome card! Well done :)
Thanks for stopping over at my blog :) And posting lovely comments hehe
Kylie

~Nancy~ said...

Such a cute card Fink! How awesome!!! I wish I had time to do a little more blog hopping everyday.. that's so much fun!! Have a great weekend! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love your card btw! It's so cute. I may have to check out that sketch.

lissie said...

SO cute! I love how the ornaments are seperated, such a fun idea! I may have to try my hand at it! :)

In response to your question, my main blog is at: http://frecklefoot.blogspot.com. :) The one that you commented on is actually a little sideblurb blog that I have. So yeah I guess it is one too, haha. But yes, the main one is http://frecklefoot.blogspot.com

Good to hear from you! LOVE these cards, keep 'em coming! :)

Colleen said...

That is a great card. Thanks for stopping in on my blog and stop in more often.

Suzanne said...

awesome card...so glad to see you posting your work again girl! Keep it up! I know how it is trying to keep up with blogging!

joybear said...

Hope she had a good time!! love LOVE love the card!!!

Stacey Michaud said...

Awesome card!!! Love the block design! You have been busy blog hopping! Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the new look of your blog!

renee said...

Love the card and all the details. I am a big fan of Di's work, including her digi kits. She has been so helpful to me as I learn the digi world.

Elizabeth said...

I love your card girl!!! And thanks for stopping by my blog, it means a lot to me!

I am sorry that you didn't hear.. My mom passed away only a month ago. It is so hard some days... Thanks for your encouragement and love though it means a lot!

Katie Cotton said...

i HAVE been noticing. :) Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog. You are so sweet. And your card is adorable!

nora said...

That's Beautiful,greeting Nora

HeatherC said...

I saw this in the gallery. Very clever! Love it.

wendyp said...

I've seen your sweet comments on my blog...Thank You!!!!

Love this card! The idea to cut the image apart and use it...love that! Might just have to give that a try later today!

Sherie said...

Fink! I LOVE this card girlie!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are always so sweet:-)

rose said...

great card fink! there is something for you on my blog!