Followers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November brings change!

How, you might ask? A variety of ways! First, it is daylight saving time! We now get up when it is light and come home when it is dark! This means we are no longer outside late. This sure is hard to get used to for me cuz I seem to think around 8 p.m. that people should be in bed since it has been dark for hours! Second, it was voting time for President again!!!!! I went this afternoon and cast my vote! I am ready for change! Third, the colors of the world are different! They are so pretty and colorful! There is so many vibrant colors this time of year but means that winter is around the corner!!!! Burrrrrrr! Fourth, change in clothes for the season! I could go on and on but don't want to bore you!

As you can see, I have got a new background since the racing season is almost over! I don't know what I will do on Sunday's now. I have my computer whiz Taylor looking into making our own layouts for blogs! I think it would be fun! Speaking of blogs, I am trying to visit as many as I can! I have fun seeing all the different types plus been checking out some of your links as well! I have saved many in my favorites thanks to you all!

Okay I wanted to show you all my Halloween treat for Jack! I wanted to give him something for trick or treat that was fun. We carved pumpkins and I thought what about a pumpkin carved treat bag with MM's! Thinking about it I figure first place to go was the Cricut!


I got out the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and did the round bag! That was a step in the right direction. I printed out 2 bags so that I could use one for a template. I wanted to go with the old traditional face so I did triangles and teeth! I first penciled the face in the cut it out with an extco! Much to my surprise it worked. I then took the template and placed it over the other and cut it out! I added the ribbon and made a tag for extra oomph! I used purple fiber to tie bag shut and just stamped tag to it! I filled a cellophane bag with candy and ta dah! I was so proud of myself since I am not creative! I also did a candy bar wrapper! Basically for that I used paper and stamps plus ribbon! I will post a picture of that here too! I just used DCWV paper, the same ribbon and then stamp out
the 2 circles colored them in the made the center part with stamps
and cut out the colored monkey for the corner! I used target stamps and clear stamps. Thought this would be fun for him!

We all went trick or treating to my mom's house since by my house the houses are to far apart so they don't come around our house! Of course I took pictures so I have to show you! Jack was a gangster, Taylor (next to him) was a black kitty and Antonia

was goth girl! Her uncle helped her with this one so she even had fake piercings! We had a good time and they got lots of candy! I also have pictures of the pumpkins they did in my slide show to the side so check it out as it has changed! Well I think that is all for now!
Oh yeah, I tried those biscuits that were in Paper Gourmet and they were delicious but I was also made at them (the biscuits) because they cost me money!!!!! How???? I ended up buying the book and a book called Cardmaker's Sketch book! I am so excited since this one is just card sketches! I can't wait to get it! Now I really think I am done talking! Hee hee Elizabeth I loved to talk as much as you! Told you! : )

12 Winks for Fink:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by at my blog :) Its quite exciting to know that people other than my mum reads my blog hehehe.

What a great Halloween bag!! Very creative :) I live in NZ - we don't really celebrate Halloween over here :( It is slowly getting bigger though.

Have a great day! Kylie

Anonymous said...

Hey! I really need to visit your blog more regularly. It's fun. I love to see the pics of the girls and other such "happenings".

You're Halloween bag is so stinkin' cute! You are getting more and more creative. I'm ready to hang up scrapbooking and the like altogether! Ugh!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love the Halloween bag! I'm on Tamara's recipe team, and I noticed your comment that you didn't have a charm. You know, you can create a charm! If you look at Lori's card, that almost looks like what she did. You can either stamp something or detail cut something, and then maybe mount it on chipboard, poke a hole, tie it on, and voila . . . you would have a charm! I just wanted to let you know! I hope you get a chance to give the recipe a try!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

OK, I have to take that back . . . on Lori's card, that IS a charm! I still think you can make one! Good luck!

scrappermimi said...

You have a Halloween gangster too! Fun costumes! That is one the things I love about fall too, change...at least most of the time!

That Halloween bag was too cute!

Vicki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog background!

Sherie said...

Your blog is soooo fun!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute projects girl!!!
Thanks for popping by my blog! I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

That Halloweenbag is just awesome. Fantastic work, love it!

Andrea Amu said...

Your bag turned out really nice!

I also made those yummilicious cheesy biscuits! ;)

renee said...

That bag is really cute. I never think to use the shapes on my cricut cartridges.

Mer said...

Cute bag! What a great idea!

Can't wait to see what you make with your new card sketch book. :)