Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Made my first altered letter thingy!

I have never altered letters! I have only altered a checkbook cover, calendar (pocket) and address books so I have hardly any experience at it! So please be kind with your comments! Pleeeaaasssee. Basically I was invited to a baby shower of fink family friend. She made my brides maid dresses and the flower girl dress. Her two boys back then were little but now her oldest is in college and getting married. Unfortunately his fiancee got pregnant before hand. Not really knowing them I picked up an altered baby letters kit for a steal! Since I knew they were having a boy, I picked papers from my stash basically not using anything but the letters! LOL


I painted the sides of the letters banana. The papers were from raks and two in the kit. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper. It was probably easier to use spray adhesive but I do things the hard way! I would suggest not using thin paper since it does not cut well! I used ribbon from SU and the hardware plus rubons from the kit. I have to say, yes Suzanne, it came out nice!


Sorry for the bad picture. Hopefully you can click on it and it will blow up! Not literally but then again you never know! LOL
I have to go and take tangles out of Taylor's hair. Oh yeah, Wendy, I will get to that recipe this week sometime! It is the perfect casserole!

9 Winks for Fink:

My Paper World said...

Your altered letters are beautiful! You did a great job!

Memawsboy said...

Love the letter, you did a great job on them

Unknown said...

Tey turned out great Sheri!!

~Nancy~ said...

Woohoo on the altered letters girl! This is amazing!! You really did an awesome job here.. this gives me the feeling I want to create something like this for my little sister too who's having her 1st baby in December!! Thanks for the inspiration! XOXO

Nikki said...

WOW Sheri they look great! I have yet to alter letters myself, I am going to have to give this a try.

Aleta said...

so cool! Love them... I have yet to alter letters :D

Suzanne said...

Finkster! Those came out REALLY cute! TEACH ME!!! I suck so bad at altering that I just don't do it! ThANK YOU for finally embracing your work woman! Hugs!

Lainey said...

I think you did great! I think I have poor luck with Mod Podge too, I should get spray adhesive.

Michelle said...

Adorable!! You did a wonderful job!