Followers

Friday, November 23, 2007

Are you stuffed????

So is that how you feel today? I know I sure do. My Thanksgiving started off with waking up to get everything ready noticing that Antonia was looking very yucky! Great I thought, she always seems to get sick around the holidays!!!!!! I was right she had a fever!! Not much I could do but go in and start cooking. I luckily the night before cut the onions, parsley & celery for the stuffing. All I needed to do was to get the butter, milk & eggs mixed so that I could drizzle it on my stuffing and veggies. I always hate this part which is mixing it all together!!!!! Gross on your hands. I then stuffed Tom and put him in the oven. I cut the skin away from the breast and spread butter all over then inside! The rest of the time I just basted Tom and of course put some in under then skin. My basting stuff was chicken broth, celery and carrot and turkey drippings. Finally, all things were going and my parents arrived for dinner! I have to say that Tom was very delicious & I loved the fact that basting under the skin made him very moist!!!!! After dinner, my mom, the girls and I played Name that Tune 80's which sucked. We also played the TV edition of Scene it but finally went to Scattegories which is always fun! We all played (except Antonia) including the guys. We laughed at our stupid answers!!!! My mom and I had Hunks and Hoes (my moms answer) at the beach (can you tell it was a H), my dad tried to win arguing that L was a Capital! Well yes it is but in this case you needed a state capital so we told him bull, no points for you! We had other funny ones where we all had tears in our eyes. My parents both said it was nice not to have to rush home since they were both out of work! They are enjoying time home and my dad said he was impressed they had no fights yet! LOL Finally at 11:20 it was time to call it a night!

Today we decided instead of sitting at home we would go to my in laws. My mother in law loves to baby the girls when they are sick!!!! Well as we were there I had to start getting a fever! Now that so sucks! I guess that just means relaxing for me tomorrow! I hope I just stay feeling a little low and not worse!!!!!!!! Boy, I need to go to a doctor. I sure have a problem with exclamation marks!!!!!! I wonder if they have a session on how to break that habit? We got home a little while ago so I figured I would come make a quick post on my blog!

I so appreciate those of you that stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving to me! I hope all of you had a great day. I am hoping that I will get some scrapping done since I have so many gifts to make that I would like to do at least a 1/2 hour a day! I am always wishing I started early each year as I pour all kinds of things out an Christmas Eve! I am going to get things done early. I really am! I am pretty sure that I am.

Hugs to you all! Stop back you here!

5 Winks for Fink:

~Nancy~ said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!! No thanksgiving overhere but I've been thinking about you all!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Talk to you soon! XOXO

My Paper World said...

Sounds like you had a fab time with your family! Hope you and Antonia feel better soon! oh and I have an exclamation mark problem too!!!!!!!!!!!

Stampin' Meg said...

I can't believe that you name your turkey- you nut!!!!!!!!! OMG I caught your exclamation point fever. ACK!

Michelle said...

I hope you're feeling much better now. I love Thanksgiving dinner, from the making to the eating of the last bit of leftovers!

Jenn said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
I hope you feel better real soon too! I know what you mean about starting early on gifts! I always wait to the last minute too.