Followers

Monday, October 15, 2007

My spooky yard


This is our front yard! Yesterday we finally got around to putting up the decorations. We have gravestones that my husband made plus 3 inflatables, a haunted house, 7 foot pumpkin and a pumpkin that a bat jumps in and out of except when he doesn't feel like it! We also have signs all around but I could not get a picture with all of them in there. I don't know if you can see it but we have a really cool coffin leaning against the tree. James made this for me for beverages to be held in at a Halloween party. He of course thought I was crazy and he is right but it was the cutest thing filled with kid beverages! Maybe if I get a chance I will get an up close of it!




This is a picture of the front porch and the 127 pounds of pumpkins that I bought! I love love love to buy and carve pumpkins! I had a picture of it at night but it did not come out.




Here are some of the pictures from when we went to the pumpkin patch with the boys. This is Mike with the monkey on an old tractor. Taylor and Nick are on the newer style John Deere. Taylor is getting lesson from Nick on how to drive one. I am sure to be out of her way!!! LOL

The picture to the right is the kids as pumpkins! Starting from the left is: Nick, Antonia, Taylor and Mike (yes he has a funny face on) at the orchards.
The next picture is one of Taylor and Nick and a great muscular pumpkin! We had a blast even though it was 89 degrees outside and we are sweating like crazy! Afterwards, we went to the beach at Lake Erie. Now that is weird to do in October!



I also wanted to share a picture of a wedding card that I made last week. The cardstock was a rak which I think is BoBunny. I used black ink (Whispers) to stamp the flourishes (Autumn Leaves) then put a layer of translucent paper over top to lighten and add some elegance. The black paper with glitter is the new Glitter Stack from DCWV. I then embellished with the tag and hearts which I think are by Sandylion. I thought doing a long card would be more stylish then a regular size one.
I hope to get more stuff done tonight that I will be able to upload tomorrow. Did you see how I said hope! That probably means that I won't get off my butt tonight to work on anything!
Just a reminder that, I also would love to see pictures of your Halloween decorations! Don't forget to post where I can see them for a chance for a small rak!

12 Winks for Fink:

Suzanne said...

Oh my word woman, that card is beautiful! Awesome job! I love the pictures of your girls and the yard. If we actually had TrickorTreaters then I would probably do something like that! Great job!

Stampin' Meg said...

127 lbs of pumpkins!!!! You are a NUT!!!!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and I love your deorations they look great, we really don't tend to celebrate Halloween over here unfortunately

Galina Varese said...

Very elegant and stylish card! And the photos are great!

Debbie Sherman said...

Fink...it all looks like so much fun!!! Our Halloweens have been pretty scarce around here. the weather plays a huge part in htat and we don't have little kids at home anymore. Your decorations are so fun!

Love the card too! Gorgeous!

My Paper World said...

Thanks for sharing Fink, we dont really celebrate halloween here,(I wish we did!) so looking at your pictures is great fun. Your yard looks amazing, what a clever husband you have! The gravestones and coffin are fab!
Thanks for brightening up my day, with the wonderful pics, your kids look adorable!
Loving your card too! it's really beautiful and stylish!
Nicola xx

Unknown said...

Looks like you've been busy decorating girl!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Miss Fink, and I'm crazy about your fun decorations and fall pictures---so festive!
Melissa

Andrea Amu said...

Cool Halloween decorations! Love to see this kinda stuff...so fun!

Your wedding card is beautiful! Love the transluscent overlay!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your yard looks awesome. Great job!

Dawn Wheeler said...

a very stunning and stylish card ,i love it thanks for stopping by Dawnx

My Paper World said...

Hey Fink,
just to let you know that I popped by today.
Thanks for leaving me the cute story about your daughter & friends son, in my messages!I love to hear your news!
See ya soon! xx