Followers

Friday, October 19, 2007

I ruined my weekend!!!!

I don't know why I am talking about this here but I need to get it out! I was mentioning that I was getting a job earlier for extra scrap stuff, which is true, but also because we could use the extra cash. I also would be able to buy stuff guilt free! If you know what I mean. Anyway, I decided that I was gonna call the lady from the Coffee Station to check into what is going on. Now, I can tell you I am sorry I did! I wish I hated waited until Monday cuz they are supposed to be bad! LOL I chatted with her for a little while to find out that she is not going to be able to hire me anymore!!!!! She had intended on it and was working the schedule to put me into it. Great I thought, this is going to be fun, then she said she wanted one of the already hired people to work from 12 to 5 (closing) so that she could put me in my hours. The problem was this women was not interested, willing or able to change! So basically, that means I have sat on my duff not trying to get another job (positive I had this one--& did) to find out this one fell through. Does kind of give me a complex now since I am feeling like no one wants me at this point! I was looking forward to doing something I wanted to do not had to do! I could wake up feeling ready to go interested of complaining about having to go. That just sucks!!!! There is a new coffee shop opening not to far from here so I am going to try there. It is not in a pretty location like the other one though. She said she will keep my app on file and has to refer to them a lot in the last couple of months. She said she hopes that I am still as interested for if she gets a chance to have an opening. I am bummed because I really was looking forward to it! I was going to start saving money for the April crop and putting money in the kids accounts and survive on the little bit left! Oh well! I guess I will get over it! Back to looking!

I will hopefully have some projects to show you this weekend or later today! Thanks for letting me whine to you all.

11 Winks for Fink:

Jenn said...

Sorry about the job! Maybe it was meant to be and the right one is just around the corner! Thank for the kind words on my blog and GO TRIBE!

Stampin' Meg said...

I dunno Sheri- that gal at the coffee shop that you wanted sounded pretty flakey to me and that business about not being able to put in because one of her employees refused to change her hours just didn't sound right. There's something better for you out there!

Michelle said...

That just stinks! I had that kind of experience once, and when they finally hired me, they went out of business in a matter of weeks and I had to file a complaint to get my last paycheck. You might have gotten a very lucky break. Either way, though, since you wanted the job, it really stinks that they flaked on you!

Good luck with the search!

Wendy Malichio said...

Well I think it just wasn't meant to be and something better is coming your way...you'll see!!
Wendy Malichio

My Paper World said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, but im sure that something better will turn up for you.
Dont let it spoil your weekend.
Hugs xx

scrappermimi said...

Hope she changes her mind or the other one works out!

That scrappy stuff sure can be expensive.

Anonymous said...

Fink.....I'm so sorry you are bummed! but sometimes things happen for a reason. It just wasn't going to be a good fit and that stinks!! Keep searching, don't give up. Something may find you!! I'm positive the right job is out there for you. Its going to take a little while to find something that fitts your needs.....but you can do it!!

Lainey said...

Aww, don't take it personally Sheri. I agree with Meg, there's probably something more than meets the eye there. You will find the right job!

Shellieh said...

oh, boo hoo! I am sorry! It's ok, you know what? there is a reason, and that reason will be even better when you find it!! :D

oh yes, and you asked me a question on my blog== yes it will work in the little bug too, yep, yep. :D
you may have to take a xacto knife to cut the rest of the way thru, (expressions has the multi cut feature) but the plastic really cuts pretty easy, I bet it would cut all the way thru, or almost all the way. I did use the multi cut x2 on the expressions machine.
:D

Andrea Amu said...

So sorry about all those expectations you had for the job! You'll find something sooner or later that will be just perfect for you, I'm sure! Don't give up!

Debbie Sherman said...

Sorry to hear about the job Sheri. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and you'll get a better job. Hope so!