Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I can't believe it & plus our weekend

I have to say that I was shocked that the Cleveland Indians looked so bad this weekend! I was just devastated that we lost! I know that some of you will say that I am just whining because they lost but.....it did not seem like the umpire had the same strike & ball zone for Westbrook as they did for what's his name for Boston! I sometimes think it is about the money that will be made! It was shocking to see a stupid move on Casey Blake to not call a ball so that him and Peralta didn't bump into each other causing the ball to fall to the ground! That is a basic thing you learn in the pee wee league!!!! What pissed me off the most (forgive me for that word) was the fact Kenny Lofton was held up at third base by the coach!!!! He defended himself for stopping him but I think I could have made it to home base from where that ball was hit! Lofton has lightening speed (even at his age) and could have easily been safe! I also was ticked at the 2nd base call when Kenny stole and was called out! He was so safe and it showed in the replays but no change in the call! UGH, IT JUST SUCKED! I will be curious to see how many actually stay fans! There is nothing I hate more than a fair weathered fan! I was ticked at people I know changing channels when we were down by one! It is not over until it is over! Plan and simple! I was there until the end with tears in my eyes! All I will say now is there is always next year so watch out and GO TRIBE IN 08!

Anyway, Saturday was kinda a crazy day! During the day I spent time getting some raks done! I am still doing them but at least some of them are ready to go! I later had to get ready for a wedding reception. We dropped the girls off at my parents (James' parents were going) at 5:30 and off to the reception. I am quite amazed at how early they start & end! It seemed like things were just getting rolling and "poof" it was over and time to go! The dj started packing up at like 10:30! I remember when a good party wasn't over until 12 at least or a good reception! Shoot--I was just ready to get my groove on but my groove didn't get to move!

Sunday, was the NASCAR race which I got to watch some of but then we were off to the covered bridge and a drive with the in laws and brother in law. Just as we were getting ready to leave my driver crashed his car in the wall!!!! That just sucked! This also did not help my weekend! I was just meant to enjoy my sports!

We ended up stopping at a pumpkin patch and farm. My mom in law bought some apples and we took some pictures then it was off to the covered bridge! We took some pictures there also and headed home to watch that so called World Series Game! We took some of our pumpkins (from home) over so that we could carve them! The girls had a blast doing them plus saving the seeds to cook! We love the seeds! I took pictures of the day to share with you! When we did our drive, I did not bring my 35mm camera just the digital (which I don't like well) and as it happens the stupid batteries died (tee hee--hubby's fault) but we did get some pictures! I sure do wish I had my camera though to take the pictures I wanted.

To the left is Antonia being silly at the farm! The right is Taylor sitting on a giant spider then her being just ghostly! LOL









Later on we did pumpkin carving and I thought I was share the pictures with you!
Antonia posing with hers, Taylor's then next would be James carving his and the finished product puking!












I sure hope you enjoyed my update! I did make some 18 Halloween cards but put them in an envie before I remembered to take pictures of them! Duh! I think I have 2 or 3 that I did not stuff so I will hope to share those with you tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping and you all come back now you hear!


14 Winks for Fink:

Andrea Amu said...

Ha! Great pix, Fink. I love the one with the pumpkin guts hanging out!
Sorry about your team losing! I don't keep up with Baseball, so I don't know what all is going on,lol!

My Paper World said...

Thanls for sharing the fab pics!
Pumpkin carving looks like a lot of fun!

Debbie Sherman said...

Sorry about the indians Sheri! I was so sure they would be in! I know what it's like to be a heartbroken fan. I watched the Broncos lose several Super Bowls.

Andrea, said...

The pumpkin is fab, it's huge we only get little ones over here

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh SHeri-only you would have a puking pumpkin! LOLOL
I hope your husband appreciates that you like baseball adn Nascar? I was reading and my eyes rolled up into my head, and then I pitched forward and didn't wake up until my head hit the keyboard!!!

Suzanne said...

LOLOL! I was thinking the same thing Meg, only Fink would have a barfing pumpkin! Fink I'm not a sports fan, so I really can't appreciate your grief! (*smiling from ear to ear*) Nascar and baseball...whew, how do you do it woman! And you know I would never stop visiting you blog....I was visiting and visiting ...but to no avail..then finally an update! Keep em coming!

Stampin' Meg said...

You doof- your writing doesn't bore me-sports bore me!!!

Christi said...

Hey Fink! Thanks for the stop by my blog...yes, you're right, I do get grief about my name!

Loving all the photos from your weekend...so much fun!
smiles...

My Paper World said...

Just popped over to say have a great weekend!

Memawsboy said...

Love all the pictures and the pumpkin with the inside out too. We love Nascar in our household too and football and baseball. Your blog is great.

~Nancy~ said...

Woooww.. love these fun pics.. especially the pumkin' with the 'guts' out of his mout.. whahahaha!!! Sorry that your team has lost!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! XOXO

Unknown said...

I LOVE the photo of the pumpkin "guts" coming out the mouth! LOL!

Elizabeth said...

These are fun photos! I love how fun you guys are having in them and sharing them with everyone!

Suzanne said...

FINK!!!! you've been tagged baby girl! go to my blog to see the questions!