Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My laptop is gone! Softpencil Thursday

Hey all-

I have had my laptop for just over a year. In about 6 mos. the wireless key fell off. It could not be popped back on! I took the laptop back to Best Buy to have it fixed, well they have to send it anyway to be repaired!!! It would be gone for 3 to 4 weeks so I said no!!! I figured it was not worth it for just one key. Now a certain section sometimes does not type so you have to turn it off and back on. I am having more keys fall off which can be pushed back on but they are super loose! I finally got mad and took it in for repair!!! I told them I thought it was also running slower than when I first got it too plus all the other things! They did a diagnostic check which crashed when it was gonna give us the results! They had never told me to back it up but I made a CD with some images on it! Unfortunately I did not make the AiFactory one for this week's challenge and I can't get it in the diary to get it or the new website location! I will have to make it up soon! I am dying without my laptop!!! They are backing it up which is costing me money darn it! I could have did that at home and saved the money. Then to boot I left my camera card in the computer so I need to get that back! I will be able to pick up the hard drive they are making in a few days! Ugh! Think about how many things you have on your computer you would be lost without? I don't have my favorites all my card sites, challenges, contacts etc on it!

For my Softpencil challenge. It is week my second week as designer! I just love these images!!! I am so excited that I could start early too! Our challenge this week was to do anything using Michu and his Mom! I actually purchased this one back around Mother's Day! It is just so darn cute! I decided to go with a card this week but with no greeting so that I might use it for whatever I want. I also spent most of my darn day busy so a card was as creative as I could get! :( I use a sketch I had printed from CPS from who knows when!

My project:

Supplies:

Image: Softpencil, Paper: DCWV, Flowers: Flora Doodles, Ribbon: ?, Cutter: Creative Memories

I colored this with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol of course. I used the sketch like I said but I added the flowers in the corner. I have such a hard time not putting things in the blank space or white space. It is so hard to leave it blank! I was gonna put 3 flowers in the opposite corner but Taylor said no! I left it alone too! I am biting my nails now! I really like the paper I chose but was not sure how it would go but all in all I like it.

Thanks for stopping by!!!! I hope you come back for my AiFactory Card plus Friday is The Character Cafe! We have a group now at Crafters Digital Art Center and it is hopping! This is the place to be for digi's and fun! Stop by!

12 Winks for Fink:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!! I love the colors you used!! Hugs!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card.

Larissa said...

Great card Fink! I love the dotty paper you used.

Hugs,
Larissa

Elizabeth P said...

What a cute card Fink! I love the polka dot papers you used and the soft coloring on the image! gorgeous work for this week! ;)

I hope you can get your laptop fixed soon! (crossing my fingers)

Lisa Atha said...

Fink,

Great card! I love the sketch and the great colors that you used.

Lisa A.

Cat said...

Your card is perfect! Love the soft colors. It has just the right amount of embellishments. Less is more! Hope your computer problems are soon over.

Kerry said...

Super cute card!!! So sorry to hear about the laptop, OMG! You poor thing... with all the computer issues. Good Luck!

CarlaKH said...

love this... sorry to hear about your laptop problems..that is NO FUN!

Maria Matter said...

this is super cute Fink!!!
hugs & blessings!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

VERY CUTE Fink! Sorry about all your computer issues, hope everything will be back running smoothly for you soon.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! Sorry to hear about your computer - I'd be so lost and can totally feel your pain!

Your card is adorable though - I like the idea of no sentiment so you can use it for whatever you want when the time is right :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Sweet job with the pastel colors!