Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Aifactory challenge 35 & Mother's day

Let me start with Mother's day! We were gonna skip it this year since last year (09) sucked so bad for my family. Actually the whole rest of the year was one challenge after another!!!!!

Let me show you how Mothers day started 2009. I got a phone call on the way to my mom's house that her house was on fire with my dad in the basement still. Here is the picture the next day! My parents lost everything including their kitty! They just adopted her a month or so before!!!!! Took 6 cities including where I live to put it out!!!!! You can not imagine how happy I was to see my Dad!














This is the old house and the new house! They just got in this house in February! The grass is planted and since this picture the landscape was finally done! This house (which was my idea) has first floor living for my mom!!!!!! Everything she needs is right at her fingers tips! With her breathing issues and Rhumatoid arthritis it is the smart choice! It sure was an interesting year! Plus they never did find out what caused the fire but they lost the whole house in about 3 mins!!!! My childhood house was up in flames!!!!!!! I sit and think of things I did not take with me that was lost too! Oh well on to the challenge!!!!

Hum.....Can you ask a friend or family member How have you been as a celebration? I guess I am celebrating good health of a friend!!!!! Opps! Fink Fudges it up!!!!! I have been sick for 2 days with this stupid chest cold which affects my asthma and I made this card in a fog anyway! I hope you all like it.

Please check out the blog to see the creations!

My creation:

Supplies:
Image: AiFactory & Clear Dollar Stamps, Paper: DCWV & SU, Punch: Creative Memories & Martha, Ribbon: American Crafts & Stickles
I colored this with my Prismacolor pencils & Sugar Loaf Markers (the chocolate chips). I used a layout from my packet of papers I have but I believe it is CPS.
I am gonna go now all because my head is starting to hurt again!
Oh so that you all know from May 18th to 25th I will be in Florida helping a family member who was just released from the hospital!!!! I will try and do some posting but I believe she does not have wireless so we shall see. I am hoping to have my projects done early but the way I feel who knows! LOL
Oh yeah I was blessed with flowers, my youngest made 3 cakes and decorated them for Grandmas and I plus I got the Wild Card cartridge and a new Unicorn!!!!!! It was a much better Mother's Day then last year!

6 Winks for Fink:

Penny said...

Wow what a horrible tragedy for your family with the fire, thank goodness no one was hurt, sorry about the loss of your families pet though.
the new house looks fabulous, xoxo

Love the project!

pinky said...

Glad things seem to be looking up for your family Fink, those photos say it all, must have been a terrible experience for everyone. Lots of hugs and hope you get better soon.
Pinky

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so glad that your family has a happy ending to their tragedy... Your card is wonderful and I love the added cookies!

Kelly said...

I remember last year when this happened...what an awful tragedy. Thankfully your Mom and Dad were o.k. and your Mother's day was much brighter this year!! Let us know if we need to cover anything while you are away...o.k.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

So happy that everything is okay with your family now Fink..what a scary time that must have been...

I love your card! The cookies are a great touch!

-Tam

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wow Fink, what a crappy year, glad this one was better. We had one of those bad years a few years back and it SUCKED!! Here's to a better year! LOVE your card btw, the cookie and the steam are AWESOME touches!