Followers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Challenge Masters Rockin blog hop!

Hey there all-

Boy have I been busy! I had a blog hop for The Character Cafe so please make sure you are all checking there out!!!! The girls that are co owners are just wonderful and work so hard on their new images!

The design team at Ch{all}enge Masters (most of us) decided to do Our first ever Christmas blog hop! We were to give you a holiday project so I went with what I do for teacher gifts! I buy hot chocolate packets (flavored) and make a holder for them! I will show you the holder now! You should have started at Challenge Masters main blog and come to me from Janet!


This is such an easy holder to make! I will give you instructions.

1. Take a piece of cardstock and cut it to 11 x 7 1/2
2. Score at 1 inch and 6 inches
3. Fold the 1 inch in (you will adhere front to this section)
4. Fold the back side in to lay on top of inch strip (this side you will decorate)
5. Take any stamp you want to do background. I used a snowflake stamp. Use pigment ink so you can emboss images.
6. Emboss
7. Make a box of solid color 3 1/8 inches x 3 1/4
8. Make image box of 3 x3 and stamp image of your choice and whatever medium you would like. Color
9. Adhere image to solid color then adhere to front of embossed side.
10. Make a tag of some sort. I used the circle one as shown.
11. Put holder together with pop dots (I found work best) and punch a hole (through both sides) which will be used to tie ribbon.

12. Put ribbon through hole (this will hold hot chocolate packets) lower packets making sure to hold both strings and tie in a bow. You now have your teacher gift!!!!! I usually just put the name a giver on the back or you could decorate the back to like I did my first year but now I am lazy and don't! LOL


We were told to tell you a Christmas story that is special to us. I think that would be when I got my Kitchen aid mixer. I know it sounds like a spoiled brat but I wanted one for a few years. Each year I waited knowing that it was kind of expensive for my parents but I had hopes! Well we finished our presents and I said to myself that maybe next year Santa will bring it! My mom tells my dad to go to the car she forgot something and in it came! I finally got my Kitchen Aid Mixer!!!! I have to say I cried! My poor mom got up at 3:30 to get to Kohl's for the Black Friday special! I was so happy and thankful!!!!!


Now you need to continue on to the next blog, which is the great designer, Sharon Rittler!!!!


Now there are many prizes to win--check out the main blog!!! The grand prize is a $25 gift certificate to any where you want from our wonderful owner Terri!!!!!! She has put together with help of her admin a fantastic site with great challenges!!!! All you have to do is visit each blog!!! After each blog you need to visit the Challenge Masters Blog and leave a comment! You have 2 days to do it in so don't panic!!!! The winner will be announced on December 11th!


Hop next to Sharon! Make sure you start at the main blog first and end there! Hugs to you all!

42 Winks for Fink:

Unknown said...

WOW! who would have thought such a simple project would make such an awesome gift! I think I will add this to my list of things to try....

Pam AKA: picnic said...

Thanks FINKS.... THIS IS FUN

E said...

thanks very cool project

Pat said...

Love the project! TFS

Jscraps4u said...

Cool...I love that idea for teacher gifts!!! Thanks!!!!
Oh...kitchenmaid mixer! Gotta love it!!

suzann said...

Thanks for the fun project!

Merry Christmas!

Stef H said...

absolutely adorable. i'll bet i have that same look on my face on xmas morning - lol.

hugs,

robin.christine said...

Great tutorial, I love those little holders! What a great idea!

Jenny said...

Super cute Hot Chocolate holder! I'm definitely gonna have to remember this!

Congrats on the KitchenAid Mixer! I'm dreaming of one too!

Jocelyn said...

Love the project!!!! Looks like FUN!!!! :-)

floridagirl said...

I am winking/commenting great teachers gift - everyone loves cocoa!! I enjoyed your Christmas story too!!

A Sarasota said...

I would have named your blog Somefink's Happenin', which I am saying in a Cockney accent. (very big grin) Happy Blog Hop! Cool blog!

Do What You Love said...

Oooh, Finks - lovely project and I love that image! I'm dreaming of that Kitchen Aid mixer too but my hubby is not budging! :( But I'm glad you did get yours! :)

Sharon Rittler said...

Thanks Fink! You Rock!! Love the hot chocolate holder! I want some now because I'm freezing!! Merry Christmas!!
-Sharon R.

JessK said...

Love this project! Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas!

JessK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Sharon.

I think your card is adorable! I am also a card-maker and just LOVE making them.

It's been fun joining in on the Blog Hop too and meeting all you talented crafters! I am now adding lots of blogs to those I follow.

Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting! Please stop by my blog too!

Lisa
Cutters Creek Design Team Member

Sally Cranney said...

Cute project idea! I think this would be a fun neighbor gift as well. Thanks for sharing!

Audrey Yeager said...

Fink I just love your story!! Don't you just love your Kitchen Aid??? Happy HOlidays!

*Monica B* said...

What a great project! Thanks for the tutorial.

BrendaB said...

What a neat project! Perfect for teacher gifts!

silvia said...

great project

Happie Stamper said...

Love your ideas!

Misty Miller said...

What a great (and easy) gift idea!! Thanks for the project!

Anonymous said...

This is definately a super cute, super fun, and super easy project to do.

mustangkayla said...

What a neat thing your mom did!

Unknown said...

I am a teacher and would love to receive your gift... thanks for sharing the how to!

July said...

Nice project.

Tere Azua said...

firstable... looooove the cute snowman in your blog's header!!!!

secondable... love the project!!!

Stacy said...

So we should all expect a care package of cookies that you whip up with your mixer right!!!! :)

GinniG said...

Can I borrow your mom this Christmas??? I want a Kitchen Aid Mixer too! Any color will do! Hehe! What a GREAT story! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your project!!!

sharonb said...

Great ornamet and lovely story.

Loretta said...

This idea is great I think I may try that soon.

Unknown said...

Fun idea!!

Terri said...

WOW! You certainly know how to make an old lady feel good! Thank you so much for all the kind things you said about CM & myself! I am so loving our site & all of you!!!

LOVE your project!!! I really think I need to make some of them!!! Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for taking part in the very first CM blog hop & for all you did to make it such a HUGE success!!!!

Jscraps4u said...

Um Sheri!!!!! I've fixed my post...so sorry...I'm an idiot!!! LOL!!

Leah said...

So cute! I love that it is a gift too:) Great job!

Jamilie said...

That is fun and awesome! Love it!

Anneliese Grassi said...

Great project, & neat story. Thanks for sharing!

LoisB said...

I was here!

Becky said...

wow how neat

de said...

OMG Fink! This is stinkin adorable! I love it!