Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Feature Friday card for TCC

Hey there my friends

Today is Friday!!!!! Why do you care? It is not only the weekend but it is Feature Friday at The Character Cafe! I am having the greatest time here. The girls are wonderful and it is helping me come out of my box!!!!! It has only been a 2 weeks but it has been a blast!!!!! Make sure you stop by for Feature Friday and for Tek Tuesday! This is going to be an awesome tutorial each week. This weeks is the Penny Slider!
This weeks Friday Feature challenge #1 was sewing! I can't even sew buttons! I remember James telling me his buttons were loose so I sewed them! Well I did them so tight he could not button his shirt anymore! I came back with "Well at least you won't loose them!" So there! Needless to say he sews his own!
I decided to use PPetra and TTom! Is this not a cute image or what? I went to online to search Pilgrims and what a turkey looks like! I only know them after they are out of the oven. Did you know they have blue heads????? I told Taylor, I can't make a turkey with a blue head. People would think I am nuts! She said "They all ready do!" Of course she then ran!! : )
Anyway, to my card:
I don't know if it was a good idea to look up my Pilgrim and Turkey because now they look like brothers! LOL I do think it still came out cute! I used the sketch at ICS where I was a past designer! I will post it for there challenge! Okie dokie to deets!
Supplies
Stamp:
Paper:
SU, Bazzill & DCWV Fall Stack
Embellishments:
Metal Dots from Best Occasions
Ribbon:
Offray
As I said I can't sew. I went and bought a craft machine to sew on cards with but it is still in the box! I used faux stitching! I tell you this group makes me think! LOL How Friday Feature works is the Design Team is split into 2 parts. Half of us do the Friday Feature and the others do a challenge in blog land! So please stop by the ladies to see some awesome work! Give the challenge a try too! You will find out it is fun!
The winner of the Dayzee image from the blog is:
LOZ!
Contact Kendra at info@thecharactercafe.com for your image! I appreciate all of you stopping by during my blog hops! Your kind words always make me smile!

17 Winks for Fink:

Angie Cortes said...

Gorgeous card Fink! I love the DSP you chose and that ribbon is fabulous!!

Debs said...

I never knew turkeys had blue heads either, they don't have heads in Tesco.lol. Great card, you sound like your having a ball. Thanks for playing with us at ICS this week.
Hugs Debs

Dawn♥ said...

Hey chickee! I see your staying busy. :) Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS and that image is just the cutest. Lovely job using the sketch. Thanks for joining the fun over at ICS this week. :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Rachel said...

Oh, such an adorable card!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kendra said...

Fink you did a fabulous job on your card! I knew you'd rock the stitching and you did :) I know what you mean about the blue headed turkey LOL

Vicky said...

Glad to see you joining in at ICS this week, I'm with you on the turkeys head, didn't have a clue! Great colouring nonetheless. :)x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

YAY!!! You are with us this week :) !!! I ADORE this card Sheri!!! Adorable!!! What a cute image :)

Thanks for playing along this week at ICS. It would not feel the same without you!

scrappermimi said...

So darn cute...I love the ribbon tied at the bottom of the card too!

wendipooh13 said...

oh Fink I love it!!!! great job and sooo cute... and love the image and gorgeous ribbon.. great job with the IC sketch this week!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Well Shari you made it through the sewing!!! LOL!!!! I could not wait to get over hear and see what you did with it but you really really rocked the challenge this week I love that image!!!

I did not get my card posted until today and I ended up using a turtle image we released a few months ago but I love the new images and you really did a great job on this card!!!!

Heather

Loz said...

Thanks so much Fink!! Kendra emailed me... I was lucky enough to be drawn out twice!! Now have Stewie and Dayzee (thanks to Piali also)... Can't wait to use them!!

Mary Giles said...

What a cute image and fabulous fall colors! I really like the use yellow panel that makes the image pop. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

Anonymous said...

You are right, this is such a cute image. Turkey's are downright ugly birds, and a bit scary too! They look best served with roast spuds and veg!
Barbara

Karen Pinsonat said...

That is a PRECIOUS card!

Kelly said...

Fabutastic job!! Love your stitching Fink...and your colouring too. I researched also when I was colouring Turkey Tom and found out their heads are blue.
You rock Fink!!
Kelly

Cheryl said...

Hey girl, I LOVE this one! Love, love, love that fabby ribbon!

Have fun w/your new puppy Spencer, and I hope everyone gets well soon!

Kendra said...

Hey Fink... you won the ICS Challenge! I just went to their blog and low and behold, your name in big letters :) Congrats!