Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sketch 32 & I get to GDT in November!

Hey there-

I am glad to see you all stopping by! I would love to see more visitors though! Even if it is a quick hi!

Well I did a post with 2 of my favorite cards for a DT call but unfortunately I submitted the deadline day and all spots were full! I was kinda of bummed but she asked me if I would be interested in being a guest designer and if she could keep me on her list in case someone can not fulfill their term. She also told me to apply in March for the next call. It was nice because today she sent an email about a friend having a GDT call and I applied today and am going to be GDT for Stamps by Step! You better all be looking for me there in November!!!!! I am so excited! I can't wait to get my goodies to use! So those are both good things even though the DT was full!

This weeks sketch is a good one! Dawn comes up with another! We also have a great repeat sponsor in Bunny Zoe's craft! She is donating the pilgrim couple and a pretty fall collection of buttons! Make sure to check it out! I am so sad that I will be done at the end of the month with my DT position at ICS! It sure has been fun though! I am going to miss it but hope to do the challenges whenever I can! Well make sure you check out ICS for a chance to be on this wonderful design team!

To the sketch:

Supplies

Paper:
DCWV, SU & Unknown

Stamps:
Stampendous & Recollection (Michael's $1 bin)

Ink:
Mementos
Ribbon:
Big Lots

Stickers:
Tim Coffey

I did this card in a 5x5 to give it more room for the sketch design. Isn't this little mummy so cute? I wanted to make him like a little boy child after playing so I used my Prismacolor pencils French Grey and blended it with Gamsol then I used White and blended that hoping to come out with a dusty mummy boy! I also decided that I would use the orange thick ribbon as the middle strip adding a slight difference! I then stamped the sentiment then put black around it for it to stick out more. It needed something so I added that little cute spider! I just love Halloween and have plenty of cards to make for Taylor's friends! They expect them now! LOL

Well things were halted at my parents because the inspector said no to pouring the concrete because they did not put insulation in the crawl space. My mom said that it did not bother her because that meant the house would be great and up to code! We did find out one of the reason's their house burnt so fast is the paneling in the basement! When the house was built they used real wood! Who would have thought it was real and not fake or a synthetic! But that was another contributor of the speedy blaze.

I want to share our new family member with you all! We went to a picnic over the weekend at James' uncles house. The neighborhood is a little dingy so pets are something they have and when they don't want them, they are put on the street. Antonia came to me with a very starving kitten that kept laying in the street. She went around to houses to find people who thought he was the kitty that ran away but came to find out he wasn't! They claimed he did not get along with their cat so they threw him out! How fing ridiculous is that! I will give them one thing he did not like the cats and dogs we have but he is fine now!!!!! I can't stand people like this!!!!

Here is his picture

I have an appointment for him on Friday to see what all is going on! I am hoping he is healthy! We put flea medicine on after a bath. He was very happy to eat and I think be warm! He loves to lay in the cat bed! His picture is taken in front of the animal toy basket! Now if I could just get them to put them back after they take them out!!!! Gee, I can't get the kids or hubby to do that either! LMAO
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out ICS DT tryouts plus be watching for my November GDT showing! Heck because time flies we know it will be here in no time!

13 Winks for Fink:

Maggi said...

Congrats on the GDT spot! And way to go on saving that kitty, too cute!

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the GDT!! And what a cute card....good job!

Tricia said...

great card for the sketch this week! congrats on the scrappy news! That is smoking hot! The kitty is cute! Hope he is ok

scrappermimi said...

Congrats on your GDT gig, that is great! Love the new little guy, so sweet!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Fink, love your ICS card this week - fab theme and wonderful colours to use for it.
Congrats on the GDT spot - well deserved for sure.

WTG on adopting that cute little cat - hope he is healthy and brings you years of companionship!

Kristen H said...

This is darling, and that bow is perfect!!! GREAT job!

Tammy said...

Your Halloween card is adorable! Love the bow!!

Tammy x

Andrea Amu said...

Congrats on the GDT, Fink! That's awesome!

Love the mummy card... so cute!

Vicky said...

Great card Fink, love it. Congrats on the GDT spot. The kitten looks sweet hope he is healthy... :)xx

Kim Costello said...

Just a fab card and I so love those papers and that adorable image!
Congrats too pn your GDT, HuGs Kim :)

Denise Clark said...

Wonderful news about the guest designing. Congrats and well deserved!

Love your Halloween card. Such a cute mummy. I really enjoy the cards that aren't too awful scarey for the little ones.

Are your folks staying with you while their home is being done?

You new little kitty is adorable! So precious. We just got two more from our vet who had two kitties that were never picked up by the owner and owner gave a false address. It's a mama and her baby. They have fit in really well. What's your new kitty's name?

Kelly said...

Great Halloween card!
Your colouring is really good on your all of your posts... especially the cupcake one with the mice.

Kelly ;) "the imaginary illustrator"

Olena said...

This is a wonderful card! Congrats on the GDT spot! ~Olena~