Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sketch 29

Hey there all-

This past weekend we went on a trip to Pittsburgh, PA to the zoo & outlets. We have been to the zoo there before and it is outstanding! It is one of the best we have been to! I am gonna share some pictures with you, if you don't mind! It just has the best layout with such a natural setting. The first picture is of the tigers playing with a giant ice cube! The next is of Taylor & Jack in the garden arbor. I can't belief they will be dating 2 years in November! They are going to be freshman this year! Time sure flies!















Anyway, to this weeks sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches, which was designed by one of our talented DT members, Tricia! This sketch really confused me! I spent so much time looking at it, changing it, redesigning my card that I finally thought well this is what I have so it will have to be it! I still don't know if I can say this is a decent card by me! I am not the greatest card maker but I usually like part of it but this card just is there for me.





Well anywho, the sketch and card!


Supplies:

Paper:
American Crafts (celebration), Karen Foster Recycled & SU

Stamp:
Penny Black

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo black & Whispers

Lace:
Garage Sale!

Flowers:
Prima

I used pop dots to put the hedgehog as the center of attention. Of course this is colored with my prismacolor and blended with Gamsol. I still have not tried my Copics! Eek! The rest of the card was done with regular adhesive including the ribbon. I added the flowers in the corners for added appeal. I always ask Taylor what she thinks and she suggested it needed something extra! I wish I could convince her to keep her blog up and show her work because it is awesome!!!!!

Well it was a busy weekend & week so far! I am hoping it slows down very soon!!!! I am thinking of starting my own ning group & blog group. I am not sure what I am going to do but I miss having a spot for everyone to hang out at! I enjoyed that with Creative Xpress & NBKS but both are gone now! Would you be interested in being there with me? Let me know what you think! It will be a fun place for everyone to gather! I promise that!

11 Winks for Fink:

Maggi said...

What a cute card! I love that stamp!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fink..WolW looks liked you had a great time at the Zoo..
I lo ve your card that hedgehog is sooo `cute` TFS
Have a lovely Week:)x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Your card is soo cute! I love your sprinkle paper:)! and the zoo pics are so fun, thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

I would love a new place to reconnect with old scrappy friends. Let me know when you've got something going.

Calia Yang said...

FAB card!!! Zoo pictures look great! You seem to have fun!

Elizabeth said...

I really liked your card!!!! You do cards really well girl!

Hope that things are going well for you. Was thinking about you and wanted to stop by and say hey to ya!

Take care and hope your having a great weekend!

Jess said...

Cute card! I've been to the Philly zoo and I must agree its a great zoo. Their big cat exhibit is wonderful.

Vicky said...

That hedgehog is sooo cute, another fun card! :)xx

rose said...

oh wow just love this cute stamp,great card to

Dora said...

love the image you used! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

wendyp said...

I really miss the CX crops and chats!!! Let me know if you start up a group or crop again!


Beautiful photos!!!