Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A redo & Sketch 26

I sat here yesterday and typed a whole blog page. I don't know how I did it but somehow it ended up in the Inspirational card sketch dt blog!!!! I tried to copy it so I could post it in the right place but all was lost so I am starting all over again!!!! I am not sure how I posted it there but I managed to do it!
Okay anyway, I was going to update you all about my parents. They got to see the finally plans of what the new house will look like. It will be so much different than the old house!!!! But as of now all there is a hole!!! The 4 pretty, big Oak trees are gone now too! The fire was so bad it killed them in the backyard. It was a hell of a fire. Now they are just waiting for city approval to get construction going.
My mom is still having major problems walking! Two trips to her doctor plus to the emergency room have had no success in relieving the swelling or pain. She sees a vascular doctor on Friday to see if they have any clue what is going on. I hope they find out so she can walk and be out of pain. Speaking of pain, I am typing this with my foot itching and stinging like crazy!!!! I was stung by a bee at Jack's last baseball game yesterday. Boy I tell you I have allergic reactions to them, thank goodness they are severe, and does it ever itch!!!! I am trying home remedies right now for both symptoms. I am getting ready to try the onion since there is a lot of venom in my foot still! It actually itched so bad it woke me up all night.
Well enough of that lets get to what you came for. The sketch and card I did. Well I think you come more for the sketch!
We have a great sponsor this week:
















You get both prizes! How fun to stamp and then use the charms. Make sure you do the sketch for a chances to win.
Here is the sketch you need to use:
My take on the sketch:
SUPPLIES:
Stamps:
Cornish Heritage farms, UR a hoot
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo
Black & SU
Papers:
Bazzill, American Craft Celebration & SU
Embellies: Joann's
Square Punch: Creative Memories
I wanted to stay as close to the sketch as possible but I did vary a slight bit by my sentiment over lapping the squares. I did a 5x5 card so that I had enough room to fit the stamps I chose! It was a lot bigger than it I expected especially since I was putting the hat on it! I decided to do paper piercing which for whatever reason I stink at! The circle embellie was to cover my big boo boo! I screwed up the top square and had to redo it and while piercing it (I can't even remember why it was adhered) but I punched through the yellow and needed a fix!!!! This just happened to work.
Well I will thank you all for checking on me! I love all your nice comments and even concerns for my parents! It is amazing what the fire did not only to the house but to my parents and I! In time things will be okay. My parents also celebrated their 45th anniversary!!!! I guess they will rebuild their lives again after the fire but never get to have all that time back.

12 Winks for Fink:

Dawn♥ said...

I love your card Fink! That owl is just so CUTE! :)
♥Hugs, Dawn♥

Vicky said...

Loving your take on the sketch this week Fink, your fun cards are such a joy. :)x

Maggi said...

Happy anniversary to your parents! I love your card, it is perfect! I hope your foot is feeling better!

Pearl said...

very fun take on this week's sketch, Fink !

Happy 45th Anni to your parents ! thats wonderful !!

scrappermimi said...

That owl stamp is too cute! Big congrats on your parents anniversary...hope the house is getting going and your mom is doing better.

brenda said...

That's a fab take on the sketch Fink, love owls.

Thanks for visiting me and your kind comments.

B x

wendyp said...

Your card is adorable! Love CHF stamps!!! If you hadn't of mentioned the yellow circle was a cover up I would have thought it was intentional. It goes perfectly there and balances out the card.

Hope your foot is feeling better real soon. Are you sure you're not allergic to bees? Be careful!

Dora said...

Lovely card! Love the animal!
Wonderful colors!
hugs Dora

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Can't wait to see progress pics of your parents' house construction.

Denise Clark said...

Fink, so glad to hear about your parents. I came over to your blog to check up on them and see if there was progress. I guess a big hole is progress but I know they must be anxious to get a little more going. They stay in my prayers.

Love your take on the sketch. Love the background papers! Great colors. Feels like a happy card!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fink:)
Your card is `gorgeous` Lots of beautiful creations to catch up on!!!!
Hope you and yours are well..
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

Jackie said...

awe what an adorable card!I have left something for you over on my blog :)