Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ICS sketch #20

Hey there all-
Can you believe it is time for this week sketch! I am amazed at the way Dawn can come up with so many! I see we have some that will be challenging for me!!! Yikes!
Let me get you right to the sketch!

Awesome isn't it!?














My take:
Supplies:

Paper: DCWV, Bazzil, Karen Foster Recycled &
Stampin Up!

Ink: Stampin Up

Stamp: Penny Black (Hedgehog) & Clear Dollar

Ribbon: Offray

Butterfly: ?

Corner rounder: Creative Memories
Stickles

Prismacolor blended with Gamsol

This was a fun stamp to color! I have never tried a detailed type card until I bought the stamp that I used on mom's birthday card (previous post)! I just never thought I could get it blended my colors that well! I have been getting better with my prisma pencils. I have copic pens I have bought but have not practiced with them yet!! I was waiting to get Mementos black ink since that seemed like the preferred ink that won't smear. I did not want to frustrate myself with coloring since the ink will run!! That would drive me insane! So soon I hope to be trying them!
Let's see with life, my parents ran into a house problem which will postpone things! It is amazing what they are saying it will cost to rebuild the old house just as it was! It is more than anyone expected! So the pretty house that was planned will be worse! What can you do! They are still with us here which has been actually pretty good! We all are not ready to kill each other at least at this point! LOL It has been fun!
Mom's work is being stupid! She is just going day by day at this point! That is the only thing you can do now!
Well I won't bore you with more babbling! I appreciate those of you who follow me and those that leave such sweet comments! I have some awesome cyber friends! Hugs to you all!

21 Winks for Fink:

Heather said...

Thanks for the comment. The layouts for grandpa's star album are small, close to 6 x 6, but I did them so I say they count. lol Sorry your parents are running into issues with getting the house rebuilt. We have to replace the drainfield for our septic tank and it is going to cost more than we expected. Always the way, I guess! Love your cute little hedgehog.

Maggi said...

I love the card Fink, too cute!

Olena said...

Nice card Love it! ~Olena~

Denise Clark said...

Fink, love your hedgehog card. So sweet! Love the colors!

Sorry to hear your folks are running into some house snags, though it's to be expected. I'm thinking of them and keeping them on my prayer list!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love your card Fink. I have a few of those images but never get them to look quite right. I LOVE the way you blended your colors and made this card so flawlessly! Great job, so glad to share with you on ICS!

I have missed all the things going on with your mom and life ... I just met you ;) so I know you understand. I will say a prayer for you all, check out my post on my blog about 2 or 3 down. I got this quote from a friend and it changed the way I look at things a little more. Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fink...
Your card is `gorgeous`Fab take on the sketch,,great use of the stamp...
Hope things are soon sorted with your Parents house!!!:)
`Enjoy` the rest of your week:)

Liz Weber said...

Fink that is one cute card - I have never seen a prettier hedgehog - wonderful use of ICS #20!!

Vicky said...

Loving that cute hedgehog, great take on this week's sketch, enjoy your week ;)x

Diana Mancuso said...

This is such a cute card! I love the hedgehog and you did an awesome job of colouring him in!

Pearl said...

Great take on the sketch this week , Fink !

Sorry to hear about the continuing problems with your parents' home - hope it will get better soon !

hugs,

jacque4u2c said...

I just love this!!!! You did such an awesome job!!!!

Jacquel said...

This is really cute and love that image! tfs!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fantastic card Fink right down to the cute butterfly! Your shading is really terrific but what is Gamsol? BR-T

Enfys said...

What a pretty card, and yest the sketch is gorgeous this week. Glad you are coping with family life...have a lovely weekend
hugs
En x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Thanks for the info, so is it a blender of sorts? BR-T

Kim Costello said...

This card is Gorgeous Fink, great colouring and love the scrummy papers! Have a fantastic weekend ♥ HuGs Kim x

Elizabeth said...

Hey Fink!

What a cute card and you did a great job with the sketch as well!

Sorry to hear that your parents have hit a wall, I do hope and pray that it will get smooth and then finish without any more hitches! And good on you guys living together and making it work!!!

Unknown said...

Great card on this weeks sketch! xx

brenda said...

Hi Fink, it is a nice sketch isn't it and your take on it is great.

Thanks for visiting me and hope your building issues sort themselves soon.

B x

nora said...

what a beautiful card Fink!!
Greetings Nora

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Love the image and the colors!