Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I need to update better

Hey there all-
I have another DT card to show you plus some of the things I made for Jack for Valentine's! What's even better is that I can use it for a challenge at a blog! I am going to do another one too! Anyway, I also have my 3rd card to show you all. I must say that this was a confusing sketch for me! I just could not come up with an idea! I thought each week would get easier, LOL! We are able to view our sketches weeks in advance which is nice. I am hoping to get working soon on them! I also hope that I could update the blog more often!! Speaking of Design teams, I have tried for a few more to only be turned down. Actually, I just saw that I was not on the list! I really appreciated the one place took the time to say sorry. I was really thinking that my cards were coming along and that I was going outside the norm or box. I am just tickled that Dawn gave me my first chance! I am just a little confused on what others are looking for! Do you want the sketch to be similar to the one you design or do you want us to run with it? I don't know but I want to do it like it is designed but maybe this is where I am wrong! Who knows! I just am not a girl not big into foo foo type stuff or cards. I just want to do a nice job! Anyway, before I say something I will regret onto another subject. I still do believe that it it is what the person likes not just the ability of the person and a little of who you are!
There are some awesome challenges at many great blogs! I am hoping to get some done this week! Please take a look at Inspirational card sketches. I really would love to see you try this weeks sketch since it confused me! Give it a go! Here is what I did for this week:

Supplies:
Paper - Stampin Up! & Pink Paisley
Ink - Stampin Up!
Stamps - G Studio's & Stampendous
Ric Rac - Wright
Markers - Sugarloaf
Staples - Office supplies
Stickles
This is my take on the sketch and I would love for you to see the sketch for yourself!



Well now I would like to share with you my candy wrapper and basket:

Supplies:
Paper - Karen Foster 100% recyclable
Stamps - Hero Arts (Monkey), Forever Yours & Clear Dollar Stamps
Pencils - Prismacolor
Ribbon - Scrapbooking Printed Ribbon, Darice & Walmart
Cricut Cartridge - Tags, bags and more (for heart bag)
I had fun doing this! I made one for him at Halloween realizing after I posted it the stuff was upside down! Oops! Fink blunder! I cut the monkey out and made it look like he was holding a heart while hanging from the ribbon! I wanted to show a close up but our digital is acting up!!!! Ugh, I need it! Anyway, thanks for looking! I am hoping that I will have more to show you this week but have been really lazy! I also hope I will another DT spot to tell you about but I won't hold my breath! I sure am enjoying being on the sketch DT! I just love love love sketches! Have any good ones you visit please share with me! Hugs to you all! Come back soon!

13 Winks for Fink:

Pearl said...

Your ICS card is just fab ,Fink ! I love that you used flowers !!!

I wouldn't worry too much about your cards being good enough for DT calls or not . Alas rejection is the name of the game when it comes to calls like that.

I usually stay true to the sketch unless of course the paper or embellishments on hand simply gives me a brainwave to use in a way that isn't obvious !

The main thing is to keep on improving on your own work-simply by observing others'work which you judge to be better than yours - at your own pace & how you like to - and never let others curb your talent !

Elizabeth said...

Cute Card!!

I wouldn't worry about DT's just be your self and they will come around. :)

Elizabeth said...

Cute Card!!

I wouldn't worry about DT's just be your self and they will come around. :)

Jess said...

Your valentine's set is super cute! I wouldn't worry about DTs too much. I certainly understand the desire to be on one since I had so much fun with my first try but sometimes its just impossible to figure out what they are looking for. I'd just focus on having fun with challenges and keep applying when you meet the requirements.

Andrea Amu said...

Cute flower card and candy wrapper/box!

Congrats to you on the design team!:) Hope you are enjoying it... I like to work from sketches too!

Tricia said...

you def get winks from me today Fink! I love the card you did this week and that gift set is just too cute!!!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

LOVE YOUR ICS card !!!

Marcea said...

love it hun - don't be too worried hun about DT calls - hate to think how many I have been turned by - just have fun :o)
-x-

Unknown said...

Hey Fink!!!!
Just be true to yourself and the DT's will happen. Don't get discouraged-it seriousely is about loving what you do and you do right????

Maggi said...

I love your card, the colors are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

rose said...

oh love the card and your little valetines set,so pretty
oh dont worry sherri

Jackie said...

You always make the cutest cards, I love it.

Nicola said...

What a stunning set, your work is fabulous. -x-