Followers

Friday, February 6, 2009

A card for a DT tryout!

Well I wanted to make more cards today since I had all day but I only got one done! I killed most of the day doing well nothing!!! I call cleaning nothing!!! This evening I was able to get in the stamp cave to do work. Well of course I got on the computer & killed time then did more stuff to kill time then finally got to work! This card I am gonna share with you is for a DT sketch tryout! She sent me an email telling me she had everything and would let me know something in 48 hours! The call is through the 7Th & the announcement is the 10Th! I have my fingers crossed on this one too! I love sketches since they give me a basis! Well on to the card!


Paper - Stampin Up!, Bazzill & Unknown (Polka Dot)
Ink - Creative living & VersaMagic (chalk)
Pencils - Prismacolor
Markers - Marvy
Stamp - This image (Kitty) was a gift from my friend, Leah & Hero Arts
Bracket - Joann's
Paint - Making Memories
Embossing Powder - Ranger
Flowers - Walmart $1.00 bin
Brads - Joann's Essentials

I took the kitty image because I wanted to use it for a card! Then all the sudden I decided if I used the right colors I could use it for the card sketch DT!!!! The polka dot paper seemed to fit in so nicely! I then decided it would be a card for my Aunt (hope she is not looking) so I wanted to use a hi of some sort. Well I had this stitch stamp (which you can't tell) I never used so I thought it was perfect! The rest was using the sketch. I have to say that I do like this card & I hope Lucy does too! The sketch had 4 flowers with a large one in the middle but I used the flowers with the kitty!!!!! By the way the hello is embossed with clear! Well thanks for looking and please keep your fingers crossed for me! Hugs all and good night!






16 Winks for Fink:

Leah said...

Super cute card Fink!

Vicki said...

This is a super card! Good luck with the try out!

Teresa Kline said...

wow...I hope you get the position.....adorable card! *~*

Leah said...

Wanted to let you know I left something for you on my blog:)

joybear said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog again, made me happy!! Miss seeing you at CX. Awesome card, Best of luck with the dt call!!!

wendyp said...

super cute! good luck with the DT call!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your card Fink!! Good luck with the DT call!

Anonymous said...

That's a great card girl, good luck with the try out.

~Nancy~ said...

WOOHOO.. your card turned out so cuuuuuute!! Wishing you all the luck with the DT try out (keeping my fingers crossed for ya!)

And thanks for pointing out to me that I'm artist of the month at Scrappy Times! Really need to check out that site! XOXO

scrappermimi said...

Good luck with the call. Fingers crossed for you, I love the orange and blue color combo...very pretty!

Nikki Love said...

good luck on the call!!! your cards are amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen..Your card is `beautiful`...
fingers crossed for ya `sweetie`
Enjoy the rest of your Day:)~X~

Anonymous said...

OOOPS!!!SORRY I called you Karen????.......
I meant `Fink`.....xxx

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Fink good luck on the call hun. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to. Beautiful card to! :)

♥ Dawn

Tricia said...

fabu card as always Fink! Good luck on the DT tryout!!

some kind of wonderful said...

very, very cute card! crossing my fingers for you girl!!