Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It is 12:24 so it is officially My Birthday!

Yep it is my birthday! Wow, cant believe another year in my life! I am looking at this one as a good one since I am getting to have one! I got a call from a friend that her husband has past away. We saw him over the summer sporting a bald cut. James asked him if he was doing the buzz for the heat and he said he had just finished chemo. He had testicle cancer. The doctors told him that he had a 95% chance of recovery. He was doing very well but then found out he was that 5% that was not doing okay. It ended up that he got a rare form of cancer that was in his liver, prostrate and back. Just a few weeks ago we visited and I figured he was out in his garage and asked Carrie about him. She said he had gotten cancer back in full force and that he was not doing well at all. He was on so much morphine that he felt nothing only going from the couch to the bed. She called me today to tell me that she had lost Jim to cancer! He has two boys one that just graduated high school and the other that has 2 or 3 more years to go. I was just so devestated with this news--he was only 54 years old! So as I think about my birthday today and my age of 43, I realize that a birthday is just another day to give thanks to God that you are alive and healthy!!!!!

I guess I will now take the time to say THANK YOU GOD FOR ALLOWING ME TO HAVE ANOTHER BIRTHDAY! I pray that you will give many many more!

11 Winks for Fink:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Fink!! So sorry to hear about your friend's Husband. How terrible!

Debbie Sherman said...

Sheri...hope your birthday is lovely sweetie!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Happy b-day, Sheri-. It's nice to see you blogging again, chica. I am so sorry about your freidns husband.

Lainey said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about her husband, how sad. It does make you grateful to be here every day, though! Hope you are having a great birthday!

Judy said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you enjoyed your birthday. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband, I too lost a dear friend with cancer 4 months ago. Although expected it's still a shock at the end. Take care.
Judy NZ

Andrea, said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry to hear your bad news

Wendy Malichio said...

So sorry I am late saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry to hear about your friend's dh, so terrible. Love your new blog look!!!!

My Paper World said...

Happy Birthday Fink! I sure did miss you! Im sorry to hear your sad news, but happy to hear that the business is going well.
Thanks for letting me know that you were back! I had almost given up hope!
Take care
Nicola xx

Suzanne said...

I'll say again that I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. That's something really traumatic to go through. Happy belated...although I wished you a happy bday on CX. Glad you're up and about again!

Jen Gallacher said...

I am so VERY sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I absolutely detest cancer in all its forms. I hate the way it robs of time with our loved ones. Wishing you a very healthy, happy new year (and a belated happy birthday).

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great B-day!

I am really sorry about your friend's husband.