Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Thursday

Thanks to all of you who posted about my card! I appreciate it. I have to say that I actually liked this card which is so not normal for me! I have another bella card that I need to post but could not get it done today.

Thanks for all your encouragement for the job interview! I have not been on an interview in 11 years so I had no idea what to wear! I just decided to dress somewhat nice and the heck with it! It took about 10 minutes to complete the application then Mary came back to talk to me. She asked me which job I had talked to Barb about and I said 4 yr old class. She said they did not have that position open in my community but she had two jobs there she would be interested in hiring me for. I thought cool I could stay in Bay and only be 10 minutes away! The other sites are not to far away to not consider them too. The one was a toddler teacher-I thought about that one and told her my patients are not the same as when I was younger that and I did my fair share of poop with my two girls! The other job was the a van driver/school age teacher. This one I thought was a good one! I would drive the kids in the morning to the Westerly elementary (where Antonia goes) and then make a run to Normandy elementary then I would be off for a few hours. I thought then I would come back to the preschool and relieve the ladies for lunches during nap time then I would make a run to the school to get the kids and bring them back. This is where she said then Antonia could get on and come back with me! Perfect I thought! She would not have to be alone with her sister. Then I am thinking why would she come back with me? She then proceeds to tell me that I would fill in the school age room until 6 p.m.!!!!!!! I would be working an 8.5 hour day there with a 1.5 time frame off! Basically I would be working 8-9:30 then 11-6. Then she explains that I would need to take classes before I could drive the bus and that would be through Red Cross at my own cost!!!!! I would have to take at least 25 hours of the 45 needed. Then we get to the down and dirty of hourly pay which was okay but then I asked about Antonia during school breaks and she said she could be there full time! Hum...this would really work but then she said as an employee I have to pay for her care but that I get a 50% discount! I am thinking this is one weeks pay check then! My other problem was that the girls would be home T, W & TH by themselves until James or I got home! Antonia has after school stuff so she would not be able to come with me those days! The more I thought about it the more I did not like it! I would have drove the bus and filled in for lunches but I did NOT WANT FULL TIME! I told her 15-20 hours just something to do after being home 12 years! James agreed with me that it was to much and technically Taylor is not 13 until March 08 so we would be breaking the law! I know we could use the extra cash but this was to much for me! At least not to start off!

After the interview I stopped by the Bay Coffee Station since I saw they were accepting applications. I had never been in there so it was cool to check out! It is a small shop in an old home that was re-located. They are open from 7-5 everyday. They serve breakfast like muffins etc then lunch. They have a few sandwiches like chicken salad and a variety of coffee and teas! Of course goodies too! I just thought I was filling out the application but she did an interview too. I told her I was there for the day time position and that I could work M & F until 2:15 & T,W, TH until 3:15 and she was fine with that! No weekends! That is the best part! She said she was looking for an adult for during the day since she has high school kids and such for the weekends. I also think that I could be home during breaks with the girls because the big kids would want the money!!!! She said it is not all doing food and coffee there is cleaning and stuff too & I just laughed and said of course! I do that now anyway! LOL She is going to have more formal interviews next week with more details and things so she would talk to me then and gave me her business card. She liked the fact that I was right around the corner too! I really think this one would be fun! I can make sandwiches and serve coffee!!! To the snobby people in my neighborhood! I don't fit out here very well but they will just have to put up with me! I am hoping this one comes through but of course I will kinda keep looking! I like being an at home mom!!!!! Even if they are getting bigger! Just to do something so that I can buy scrappy stamping stuff guilt free is just what this momma ordered!

Stop back again, I love having you visit! You all come back now, ya hear!

7 Winks for Fink:

Suzanne said...

wow Fink! I would be a little frayed to get back into the workforce after 11yrs. But it sounds you did well! Good luck on the job girly!

My Paper World said...

Ooooh! the coffee job sounds great, I hope you get it!
have a fab weekend. Nicola xx

~Nancy~ said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you girlie! And yeah.. I looove your card too! It ROCKS!!! Have a great weekend! XOXO

Lainey said...

I hope the coffee shop gig works out! The driving one sounded like way too many hours, and too much at your expense, to boot! Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your job quest! I think you will be surprised that you fit in at the coffee shop....I can't imagine you not fitting in anywhere!! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Ohh....and if you do get the job at the coffee shop.....You're in charge of bringing coffee to the crop......And LOTS of it. HE HE HE!!!!

Andrea Amu said...

That coffee shop job sounds like it would be just perfect for you! I hope you get it!