Followers

Monday, September 24, 2007

















As I told you all in my previous post, the CX cyber crop was on Friday. I am lucky to have wonderful ladies that volunteer by hosting challenges or donating raks for all of us to enjoy! I am also blessed because they are all receptive to my girls trying too! Each cc, I hope that I will get time to myself! It never quite works out that way. One reason is because they are tired after all day school and don't feel like going anywhere. Two is that I always open my big mouth and ask them if they are doing the cc too! Normally Antonia is not interested but this time she wanted to do stuff. I was very impressed because Antonia (with big sis' help) was able to take a 12x12 layout sketch and make it 8x8 for a calendar page! It sure is easy to tell which ones I did versus them since mine stinks!!!! Taylor has so much creativity and ideas it just amazes me. I think someday we will be seeing her name in the magazines!!!! I might just one day submit one of her projects for her at this age!
The gettin wet page (mine), October calendar(Antonia) & Halloween (Taylor) are all from the 12x12 sketch that was provided. We were allowed to change it as needed. I am the type of scrapper to put as many pictures as I can on my page! Chicago (mine) & Frosty were for a challenge where you had to use a line from a song on your page somewhere. If you did a song the hostess never heard of you get an extra chances to win a prize. I found the perfect song by researching the internet. The song is by Linda Ronstadt called In my reply. The line is that he left his home in back in Ohio, bound for Chicago's town. I just changed it to we and our. I was not even gonna attempted this challenge and glad I did! Of course Taylor's song is easy--Frosty the Snowman! Another challenge was a card one using Gamasol or baby oil to color in your stamped image! I really enjoyed this challenge as well but it will take time getting use to. The baby oil was hard to do and blend than what I thought. I used a bella stamp which I so love! Bubblebella seemed so perfect because I could do the tub and bubbles with blending. I am not overly happy with the darkness of the bubbles and the way the bella's hand looks blue too but I am sure with a little practice and less blue by her arm it will come out how I like it! This card took a while because it just seemed like it was missing something so I added the relax, bliss and flowers with button. I hosted a challenge as well which was a card challenge using ribbon, 1 button (or more), stamps & a die cutter like the Cricut etc. I had several ladies attempted my challenge! Yea! I might give this one a try as well!
I have to share something funny with all you that happened while James and Antonia were at the flea market. She made some money with some of her items so they walked around while Grandma and Grandpa maned the tables. She came across some people that were selling beagle puppies. She was so excited that she asked how much they were. The man said they were 150. She got a big smile and told her dad she would take 2! Puzzled he just stood there and she said I will be right back with my five dollars! LOL James said no, they are one hundred and fifty dollars. I told James I am surprised she did not say she would take 3 since it would leave her 50 cents left for gumballs! What a character!














6 Winks for Fink:

Unknown said...

Your projects turned out great!! So funny about the puppies!!

Andrea Amu said...

I'm really LOL! Poor dd! So innocent aren't they!
Love the display of all of your and your dd's challenges!

My Paper World said...

Great projects!

Memawsboy said...

Great job on the CC and tell the girls to keep on scraping. Hey my grandson would have thought 1.50 each also on the puppies.

Andrea, said...

Great LO's and that Bella in the bath card is fab

Suzanne said...

Fink, you tripping! Those layouts are awesome! I wish you would post more! Just like you're gonna get me to liking stamping more, I'm gonna get you to embrace your scrapping! Hugs woman!